So ole Honest Abe was queer and wanted to deport all the blacks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Apr 24, 2012.

1. I find myself exceedingly curious... Are you a gay activist, by chance?

#21     Apr 25, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The first step to redemption is your admission of guilt. Maybe you can pull yourself up out of the gutter after all.

I don't see any evidence that Abe Lincoln was homosexual so I'm dismissing the notion out-of-hand.

#22     Apr 25, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why, you wanting to meet one in person?

If you don't mind traveling to Canada try Brass, he's pro everything gay.

#23     Apr 25, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

No woman would have him likely, leaves him no choice in his calculus.

#24     Apr 25, 2012
  5. No, I just find it curious that the idea that Lincoln was gay arose because it was advocated aggressively by C. A. Tripp, a famous gay activist (no doubt to further a particular agenda). Given that Lincoln was married, had, what, 4 children and there's zero actual evidence that he was homosexual, Lincoln's, how do I say it, more traditional biographers all seem to agree that he wasn't gay. I can understand why the History Channel would air controversial ideas (anything for viewership), but I was curious why the OP feels the need to propagate such notions. Ah well, I am resigned to it remaining a mystery.

#25     Apr 25, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I missed that particular segment of the History Channel show in question.
    The only thing I heard was that Abe wasn't much of a ladies man. Not the details behind the statement.
    Being married with children certainly puts a dampener on the gay claim.

#26     Apr 25, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

[​IMG]

#27     Apr 25, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

It seems clear that his wife was the ultimate psycho bitch from hell so there is that factor. :)

#28     Apr 25, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Like it did for Pastor Ted, you mean? Or bathroom enthusiast Republican Senator Larry Craig? You mean like that?

Also, what exactly is a "dampener?"

As for Lincoln himself, I have no idea other than that the notion has been bandied about by some historians. And that some people here were not even aware of the controversy suggests that they live in a vacuum.

#29     Apr 25, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

That IS true. I saw a documentary on Mrs. Lincoln not all that long ago.
    She was certifiable.

#30     Apr 25, 2012