So, no taper!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tsing Tao, Sep 18, 2013.

1. US has fundamental "structural problems" like debt and other issues which the FED cannot do anything about it.

#21     Sep 18, 2013
  2. Dude, make it one post. Why the f are you needlessly flooding this thread?

#22     Sep 18, 2013
  3. elite trader use to have 1000 people login now only 300 people nobody here anyways so who cares. i writ short tweets and don't edit my posts.

#23     Sep 18, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

1. Try making one post.
    2. Try typing coherently.
    3. Try staying on topic.

#24     Sep 18, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Anyway, back to the Fed. As we can see, Bernanke knows what he's doing, and what he's doing is working. So the obvious answer is to continue doing it until....well...it works.

[​IMG]

#25     Sep 18, 2013
  6. drcha

drcha

Ok with me. I'll keep partying until the keg is drained. Thanks, Helicopter Ben.

#26     Sep 18, 2013
  7. Exactly, we dont have to like what we buy, as long as it goes up.

#27     Sep 18, 2013
  8. Not sure what "tools" he is talking about when it's time to unwind but will it really look something like this? http://www.businessinsider.com/fed-will-need-treasurys-help-exiting-qe-2013-8

If the fed does something like this will we know if they start buying 2s and 5s?

Has he discussed these tools to unwind that he always mentions? I can't find any actual articles or sound bites from the horse's mouth.

#28     Sep 18, 2013
  9. Brighton

Brighton

I trade silver (SI) occasionally and didn't know Oanda had metals products. Is there something they offer that you can't get via the COMEX 5000 or 1000 oz silver futures contracts?

#29     Sep 18, 2013
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Think of it as a trillion dollar a year nipple (and the only tool the fed has remaining) – when it eventually dries up.., it’ll be f-ugly

In the meantime… with 2014 elections looming – remove the infusion – interest rates go ballistic – mkt tanks – dems lose big

Don't see that happening

Wish the public would get a clue - but that ain't happen either

RN

#30     Sep 18, 2013