So my custom machine blew up today

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mksummny, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 2-4 monitors per video card... 8-monitors is not only easy, it's no strain on a modern system... so long as its mobo has the proper slots for video cards.

#21     Aug 18, 2009
  2. How do you like your falcon station?

#22     Nov 10, 2009
  3. bighog

bighog Guest

Built 3 homemade computers, well actually it is just putting the right parts together not really building anything. Last one was water cooled. Next one will be around July or later when the intel 32nm second release chip comes out.

POINT BEING: never had a bad hardware part yet, everything worked super. Build your own with better quality parts and know how to fix things rather than depending on others to fix mistakes.

Same deal for trading, you are the only one that can fix your own mistakes. Lot cheaper that way. Either you are in charge or else you are just treading water depending on others.

Building a computer for trading is a snap.

A better word to use would be to ASSEMBLE a computer. :cool:

PS: In less than an hour the sniper of Virginia gets juiced. good riddens to bad rubbish. 2100 EST he gets the needles.

#23     Nov 10, 2009
  4. You were just unlucky. Same with me - one of my routers burned out over the weekend, taking some other computers with him, crashing a complete cluster into non-operationl status. Happens. One needs to better prepare.

You disobeyed the rules for good trading, which is having a backup machine ;)

One that is disconnected.... from anything... until you need it. Preferably a Laptop.... in case power goes down.... with.... a wireless internet connection... in case DSL goes down...

#24     Nov 11, 2009
  5. so if I had all the parts from a Mazzeratti and put them together , I'd just be an assembler.

It's not rocket science , but its not paint by numbers either.

#25     Nov 12, 2009
  6. J.P.

J.P.

bighog is correct. Cars are built on assembly lines, not build lines.

#26     Nov 13, 2009
  7. Yes, I wasn't questioning the term, I thought it might have been a reference to the 'ease' of assembling a working , stable box.

#27     Nov 23, 2009