So much theory, so little real-time calls!!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by OddTrader, May 15, 2008.

1. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

Interesting parable.
    You do realise that many of the intelligent traders on ET will put on ‘ignore’ posters who have nothing of value to add.

Personally I find you have good wit but nothing much of trading substance to add.
    Similar to commercial TV, lots of noise and entertainment, no real value educationally.
    The only reason I read your posts is I’m often not logged on, therefore the ignore facility doesn’t activate.

Your quote above, don’t you see the irony in it ?

Here you are with the sword of words attempting to slay JH, this is hell.

That aside, I partially agree with you, I see your point. Paper traders like JH are basically attempting to be gurus, with a religious cult of followers.
    My impression is they have an ulterior motive for their postings but the lambs can’t see it.

Got to admit, there is a quandary here. Maybe you are a little like the old time Trade Unions, they had a good purpose but shot themselves in the foot with their aggressions.

#51     May 29, 2008
  2. Probably don't totally or simply rely on price actions, aka Gut Feelings! :D

#52     May 29, 2008
  3. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

That’s fine, I wasn’t asking for methods, just maybe something positive in place of the negatives ???

#53     May 29, 2008
  4. <i>"Quote from Tums:

I'll never forget the time a few years ago that I found T28 using a new alias on a thread. I decided to respond in his language. I wrote a bunch of nonsensical words, phrases and threw in a few SPM lingo, and voila! He replied positively.
    I couldn't stop laughing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't he the guy that sucked everyone into using the MACD?.. just like Jack uses MACD and Stoch"</i>

Yes he was. Gotta admit, T28 is a brilliant mind, gifted wordsmith and from what I hear a real hit with the ladies. Probable to suppose he saw the folly of a failed approach like SPM and has evolved to a higher level of trading since then.

Sure was an entertaining personality, albeit a tad obsessed with JH. Wonder whatever became of T28? Oh well, I suppose he's fine and doing well in the land down under.

To the OP: this thread's evolution is exactly why you don't see real-time calls from professional traders in a public forum. What did you honestly expect with an environment like this? You can easily find live-trade, real time calls numerous places on the web... but none of them are on message board free-for-alls. Would you honestly expect otherwise? Get real :cool:

#54     May 29, 2008
  5. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

In every society there is the top dog and the sausage dog.
    If JH were spouting nonsense, then he is producing sausages for the top dogs.
    Why don’t you turn your criticism around and thank JH.

Now get down on your knees to JH and beg forgiveness, this is heaven.

#55     May 29, 2008
  6. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

I’m noticing ‘bursts’ posts keep getting deleted, quicker than he can change his handle and IP address.

You can’t beat the system, the moderators don’t work for burst, the moderators work for everyone, the upholding of standards on ET.

Burst, you work for and on a treadmill, all your efforts are in vain.

Can you see the humour ? Humour is most often based on negative aspects and we laugh about it, in this case at burst's expense.

#56     May 30, 2008
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

This is all very resolvable, have a wager and sort it out properly once & for all. If Jack is a profitable trader, then he wouldn't mind winning say $100k & T28 as a successful trader can easily afford to lose $100k if he was to be wrong & of course vice versa.

If neither of you agree to a wager, then both will be considered net junkies with nothing better to do with their time.

One of you stands to make the easiest $100k ever

I will wager $100 that above wager will never take place

#57     Jun 1, 2008
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i posted real time signals on a web site for 2 1/2 years and fully disclosed what i was doing and it was published for free.

needless to say many people made lots of money for a 1 1/2 then as word got around and i was getting 1 million hits a month.

the performance started decaying but it still made money for another year before it collapsed, too many people on it.

i can do it again anytime with some modifications to the original concept. mb

PS Ultimate Trading Contest: Mark Brown vs Jack Hershey/spydertrader

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114638&highlight=markbrown

#58     Jun 1, 2008
  9. I think it would take Nassim Taleb(The Black Swan) to figure out the odds of me using the same methods as "JH" as I don't know who he is other than what I read in this thread and I surely don't know his methods.

I will give you another call though. I shorted ENER Friday as its overbought in my opinion so if you can short it at or above 63 on Monday one could do well.

I will be looking to buy back around 61 by EOD Monday.

#59     Jun 1, 2008
  10. cipher4d

cipher4d

Epic

#60     Jun 2, 2008