So much theory, so little real-time calls!!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by OddTrader, May 15, 2008.

1. 1. Most traders lose
    2. Among the winning traders some will gladly share. But they get insulted for sharing. So there is someone to blame. Many someones, and they are here at ET.

#31     May 20, 2008
  2. All I can say is you sound frustrated and bitter. Sorry for that.

It's not an excuse, it's reality. Many people want a free ride without doing any work. Why would people that DID the work want to just hand it over to someone for nothing? Is there some kind of obligation to teach the noobs? I came to this site looking for answers as well. Many people said learn price action. I went on a quest to do just that. It wasn't easy to find out where to even start, but at least it pointed me in the right direction.

#32     May 20, 2008
  3. They will have the same problem if the call goes right. Why? Because some people will think that it is fake (they change the question to this guy made calls, and he is just showing offs). They forget that what does the call has to do with wether the guy who made the call traded or even took the opposite of what he recommended.

Most people think they are better than the other people. So, they will always think the problem is in the next guy, not in them.

The best place where humans are shown they are wrong is in the market. It reflects the wrong perception people have about the other people.

#33     May 20, 2008
  4. Not in the slightest. I've been applying the works of Wyckoff and developing price action reading skills in real time and happy to say I've turned my trading around. I'm no expert, not even close but certainly content with my new direction.

It's the trading society that makes me sick. From snake oil scumbags like Puretick who have constantly burned me to bullshit posters all across the board, not just here in ET but everywhere.

I certainly don't include you in this list, just making conversation.

In fact, I appreciate your posts and take this post as an opportunity to thank you for them.

Susana

#34     May 20, 2008
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

i have a system for you, for free, with little effort in the pink and otcbb...it works until it doesn't and then you move on...I have posted the strategy 2 or 3 times on ET and not once has anyone PM's me for more info....it can easily produce 100% in a year...last year it produced 226% for me...the only thing is you cant scale up...you are stuck in the 10k account size at most.....but for side money it is a holygrail for sure....go through my 5000 posts and find it...or you can be nice and PM me if you are interested....aside from that stop your bitching...

#35     May 20, 2008
  6. Well good for you. Wyckoff will definitely help you. Good Luck in the future and thank you for the compliment.

#36     May 20, 2008
  7. I don't need your system or your attitude, cubanito.

Susana

#37     May 20, 2008
  8. Lets pretend that the above was among your first message posts at ET or you posted that message post within a thread that already had a heated discussion...

I guarantee some newbie trader will post the following...

Prove it via posting some live calls.

If you say no you will get called a bullshitter with nothing to validate what you said.

That's the mentality that's running around loose at forums.

In fact, I've notice at ET itself it's usually the same group of traders doing such on a consistent basis.

By the way, Wyckoff and similar like education material is a good place to start.

Glad to hear things are now going well for you.

Mark

#38     May 20, 2008
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes it is a pump and dump...yes it is a piece of shit and yes it has a 99% of going to zero....but i could have given you the signal to buy on sunday ....so monday you could have turned on ur puter and perhaps bought at .77 and yes you could have lost and no you couldnt buy size...but it would be nice to own 3000 or 5000 shares and now be offering 1.00....peace

#39     May 20, 2008
  10. hughb

hughb

I'm assuming that the issue here is the posting of real time trades for day traders, is that correct?

I don't daytrade, but I post my trades in kind of real time. I don't run to ET the instant I put on a trade, but I do talk about my open positions. I've only traded three stocks this year, one is closed out and the other two are still open.

I normally am more active than what I've been this year, but most of my money is going to pay for cosmetic surgery to repair a facial defect. So far I've invested $6,000 in my face and still haven't corrected the problem, so there's a losing trade posted in real time right there.

#40     May 20, 2008