So much for Global Warming

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jficquette, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Couldn't agree more. And since humans have only being around a mere blink-of-an-eye compared to the age of this planet(Billions of years old), there is no way we could be the cause of the climate change, as it has been happening for, literally, billions of years.

#41     Dec 10, 2008
  2. jsv416

jsv416

I have researched the global warming movement and I have my opinions about it. You said the that the "rabbit hole goes much deeper", and I am wondering what you are talking about.....enquiring minds want to know. You are telling guys to go and do more research on the subject, but we can do tons of research and still not come to the same conclusions as you do.

#42     Dec 10, 2008
  3. Mvic

Mvic

If we would just focus on the pollution that is killing thousands today and creating massive healthcare expenditure and lower quality of life Global Warming would take care of itself.

#43     Dec 11, 2008
  4. Esoteric Agenda IMO

#44     Dec 11, 2008
  5. It's so bitterly cold outside, I wish Al Gore would campaign against global cooling and demand that we dismantle all emissions controls at once

#45     Dec 11, 2008
  6. The silence is deafening, Carbon Credits and Offsets?????

The Ever Wondering VIPER

#46     Dec 11, 2008
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Scientists can produce whatever "facts" they want nowadays. People have gone to NIST, looked at the ice cores they base all this garbage on, did a little due diligence of their own and determined that the rings don't occur annually, they occur daily, maybe even more often than that. There was a story about a guy that went to the Antarctic to retrieve a WW2 airplane, he found it using ground penetrating radar. He went down nearly 300 feet in ice to retrieve it... there was that much ice built up in 50 years, not 50 million or whatever numbers they throw out there, such bullshit I've never seen like comes out of these "scientists" and morons like Al Gore...

#47     Dec 11, 2008
  8. That's the problem with Zealots - when you find that piece of logic that shatters their world, they get very quiet.

#48     Dec 11, 2008
  9. For those who don't know, science is based on evidence. Nothing is a fact. Not even the "laws" of physics are actually laws always obeyed. So when someone says global warming is real, it doesn't mean it's a fact, it just means that there is more evidence for than against.

I find it really amusing that the very people who base their lives on religion and god, for which they specifically require no evidence, all of a sudden are science experts.It's a shame that alot of people in america spend more time in religion class or church than science class or reading.

I recall a TV commercial against global warming a few years ago from some religious group. In it, they basically stated that CO2 is good and that it is required for life. No sh*t, I guess if CO2 is so good, than dumping more of it into the air can't be bad right? I mean its not like too much CO2 can kill you or impact global weather right?

Also, it's winter, so just because it is really really cold, it doesn't mean global warming is BS, and equally, just because it was warm yesterday doesn't mean global warming is a fact.

Finally, it says alot about someone who thinks that because global warming might not be true, it's perfectly okay to pollute the air.

#49     Dec 11, 2008
  10. So in proportion, Earth is heating up more than Venus but that does not matter cause the rest o fthe planets are closer to the sun?

Did you bother to investigate that Earth has more insulation that most other planets?

#50     Dec 11, 2008