so many Traders are getting killed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 29, 2008.

1. .20 cent stops will kill any trader. They can't see the forest from the trees and this prevents them from catching any decent moves.

#61     Sep 2, 2008
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

you guys just proved my point and provided a litany of reasons why most traders fail. low barriers of entry is a great reason but even those that have been in the game for a while and have proper training still fail.
    unlike engineers,mechanics,librarians,teachers,cops,architects and so on. of course there are some traders that consistently do very well but we all know that its at best 5 %. the other 95% fail.

So,i'm sure i will get the usual,:stop posting about tardes that fail and start trading" bla bla bla... its a forum and i provoked some discussion. trdaing is very HARD and especially when it becomes random on low volume. you mean to tell me when the market wip saws for no reason in 10 seconds guys are strategic! they get stopped because thats what they are supposed to do and they take a big hit. part of the game.

#62     Sep 2, 2008
  3. I dunno, judging from this thread, it seems like 90% are making a killing, like millions, and only 10% lose.

#63     Sep 2, 2008