so many Traders are getting killed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 29, 2008.

1. <i>"Some traders do well in some markets while others do well in other market conditions. After 10 or so years you learn how to trade them all."</i>

To pure intraday traders, all markets are the same. 18 or 19 out of 20 sessions per month offer at least one (if not several) directional swings that go up or down between the bells.

Knowing how to measure price action = see those swings unfolding in the early confirmation stage AND following the flow of price action is where easiest money in a most difficult profession exists.

Always remember that following price action is contrarian by nature. The "herd" is always fading price action... the pros are always following price action, path of least resistance. Perennial pikers think reversals and fades. Minority of pros think finding the flow, and go with it.

Almost every day offers at least one - two directional swings that flow. Learn to catch just one, and repeat the process next day. Everything else is irrelevant and moot.

#21     Aug 30, 2008
  2. many iraki traders are getting killed, it's such a horrible market

#22     Aug 30, 2008
  3. sg20

sg20

It has been the best forex for quite a while, swings or trending markets we've got it all, great trading all around. If you can't trade this type of market I think you are in serious trouble as a trader, I'm saying this in a seriously constructive manner.

#23     Aug 30, 2008
  4. I made the switch to stocks a few months ago. Made everything pretty easy. I only follow 20 stocks and still every day there is plenty to trade that is moving nicely.

#24     Aug 30, 2008
  5. <i>"It has been the best forex for quite a while, swings or trending markets we've got it all, great trading all around. If you can't trade this type of market I think you are in serious trouble as a trader, I'm saying this in a seriously constructive manner."</i>

Currency markets haven't seen this type of constant, outsized price movement since 2004. Unbelievable swings to capitalize from, skilled traders only as always.

#25     Aug 30, 2008
  6. Arnie

Arnie

What were you trading before?

#26     Aug 30, 2008
  7. e-minis.

#27     Aug 30, 2008
  8. I am a swing trader, my account has reached a new high this week. I go both long and short, stocks and ETF's. Biggest gains are from SSO and SDS.

#28     Aug 30, 2008
  9. rjmgroup

rjmgroup

Why would you switch from E-minis to stocks? Stocks have nowhere near the leverage of index futures nor the tax efficiency with short-term trades. Plus, you can watch one E-mini as opposed to 20 stocks.

#29     Aug 30, 2008
  10. BINGO!

It kills me when position "traders" say you can't make money day trading. I think its FAR easier. No need to do any fundamental analysis, etc. Just learn the skill, and apply disciplined money management. That's all there is to it. People make it so much harder than they need to. Surviving the learning process is the only difficult part of the biz imo.

#30     Aug 30, 2008