So many things have happened in the last few days it is hard to keep up.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Sep 22, 2011.

1. yeah, but what's gold really worth?

#11     Sep 22, 2011
  2. I mean what good is it to say, "My oz of gold is worth 1800 pieces of worthless paper."

#12     Sep 22, 2011
  3. TGregg

TGregg

It's pretty funny to see all the Trading Range screamers on the media. They're about to get their range traded, alright.

:D

#13     Sep 22, 2011
  4. Reminds of the history channel, all these guys who fought in ww2 sit down in front of the tv and watch the history channel. They were there, why are they watching it? What is the big draw?

So many things were happening in so many places, no one could keep up, only afterwards can we put together the pieces of the puzzle and the context of our view of the markets in proper persepective.

We have plenty of world propoganda, various combat zones and the market is trying just like us to make sense of this nondirectional bs. A few winning battles here or a losing battle there is not going to matter much if you missed a few days. You can catch up later at your own speed.

Think of the various scenarios in the finance sector before Lehman, took a while before all these cards came tumbling down.

There'll be follow up news and point men telling us what we missed, nothing urgent that's going to make or break this market in the short term. It's all damage control for the time being. Imo.

#14     Sep 22, 2011
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Spot on mate. Ten years from now all this stuff will seem both obvious and inevitable. Things that we might give equal weight to . . . some of it will be pretty meaningless, other pieces will be of primary importance.

It's pretty clear that we have not learned our lesson yet, since we are still trying the same things.

#15     Sep 22, 2011
  6. been saying for decades that I didnt understand how so many people with the skills of a window cleaner were living so large.

now we know how.

on the backs of the future generations.

#16     Sep 22, 2011
  7. Eight

Eight

Read the Kindle version next year, it will all be clear then..

#17     Sep 22, 2011