So many pretenders on ET

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sunggong, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Truth is 5% of traders make it and et has 100% of the 5% successful ones. THIS IS NET LAND WERE DREAMS COME TRUE AND NEVER FORGET IT

#11     Aug 8, 2006
  2. Isn't it possible that traders who have the balls to post regularly on the P/L thread are for real? Maybe they are some of the best traders around. I believe every word of it.

#12     Aug 8, 2006
  3. That's one, but many others....

I'm not trying to get into a piss contest with anyone. Just speaking out what I am observing. I hope no one here is naive enough to believe everything he/she reads here....

Having said that, there are some very helpful information all over this place. I still have many more threads to go through.

#13     Aug 8, 2006
  4. I think the P&L thread is about 90% truthful. Although, why would anyone take the time to take a screenshot to show everyone they're making money? What would someone get out of it?

I would think it would be put to better use by faking your P&L if you get laid or something. Just to impress complete net strangers is quite pathetic.

It does annoy the crap out of me when someone goes, "had a terrible day, nothing was working, worst trading day of my life" then go on to post $2000.00 LOL. Talk about needing some pat on the back.

#14     Aug 8, 2006
  5. fair enough,, but to some 2k is pocket change,, however to your reference, constant dissatisfaction causes people to push themselves further , thats why there successful,, maybe not happy,, but successful, on the 90% true on p/l posts,, thats a fair statement i agree,, the biggest issue with trading,, is its not publicized enough,, those in the shadows and trying to learn,, just have no idea of the possibilities once they try and fail with little mentorship.

#15     Aug 8, 2006
  6. well, to that point, I've been dissatisfied with a $3k day (but in general I'm happy) BUT I don't go on telling everyone how horrible of a day I had. I may feel dissatisfied deep down but I still understand that $3k is a lot of money and complaining about how sucky it is is just plain disrespectful to other people who are starting out.

These guys need to take a trip to a 3rd world country and learn to appreciate what 3k means to other people.

Anyways, that's just how I feel.

#16     Aug 8, 2006
  7. fair enough,, good point,, i plan to take a weeks vacation each year doing a hard labour job,, inorder to appreciate what i have going.

#17     Aug 8, 2006
  8. Do people get addicted to ET?

If you have a system that consistently brings in profit on a daily basis to a point where you are pulling in more than $200k easily, would you still visit ET and make 5-10 posts on a daily basis everyday?

Yes the strategies have to periodically re-evaluated and updated because the market dynamics, but visiting ET every single day???? I sure wouldn't be doing that if I were making that much money....

#18     Aug 8, 2006
  9. not to get into the chit chat thing myself,, but i feel safe to assume that even those who are very successful run into alot of boredom and since there on the computer for a living i dont see it odd that they would be on here much.

#19     Aug 8, 2006
  10. Surdo

Surdo

SUNG YUNG MAN:

There are a few value added members of this site.
    Take this place for what it is worth.

We appreciate your analyses of the psyche of Elite Trader's and why they post.

If you are unable to find the nuggets of gold in the dung pile my friend, I suggest you MOVE ON.

#20     Aug 8, 2006