SO lets hear some ideas... Where do you put your money?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nofear777, Oct 27, 2008.

1. If you live in Manhattan, you should learn to be a cannibal. Plenty of food walking around that you don't need to store :D

#21     Oct 28, 2008
  2. i think basic materials are a good play. most knocked down over 80%. i like oih. both of these i am averaging into. the world still needs foor, infrastructure, energy and with a long time horizon i think this will do well. agricultural etfs i like. cornm wheat, etc has had the dressing knocked out of them. there is a good one in canada called cow..
    i like miners, barrick in particular. eventually this money printing becomes inflationary. cost to produce gold is near 500$ an ounce so can;t see it going much lower than that...

#22     Oct 28, 2008
  3. dow still yet to hit lows probaly next yr early massive contracting going on this could take years to play out on the dnside i m thinking there will be plenty of long commodities plays dn the track...seems everyone is signing up for the short bonds trade probaly right but not yet

#23     Oct 28, 2008
  4. where has the Swordsman gone?...hmmm...???

#24     Nov 29, 2008
  5. 2 portfolios/accounts:

One for strictly daytrading only US securities and etfs - no holding overnight

One for long term holdings, dividend/income stocks, buy/writes, & option spreads

To hell with a 401k - do not contribute

Daytrading is my main focus - go with the TREND - it's everything.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and let's have a great week of trading !!!

#25     Nov 29, 2008
  6. #26     Nov 29, 2008