So Laslo Birinyi just called the bottom on CNBC...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by blackchip, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Clearly you think I do deserve a response because you've been publicly shitting your pants for the last two hours on this thread.

Wow, "$Millions". What currency is that?

How about a link to the record you keep jerking off to?

#51     Apr 18, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

We get it. You got NOTHING... show us otherwise.

#52     Apr 18, 2008
  3. You haven't "shown" anything. You've made a lot of claims and you seem to be insanely concerned with what other people think of you on a chatboard where you're using a pseudonym for God's sake. Didn't mommy hug you enough?

#53     Apr 18, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

You're such a wimp... you've offered no accomplishment... no reason to respect your blather... don't even have the balls to lie about it.

Put up a $1Million, I'll do the same... and I'll prove my shit. If I'm lying, you get my $Million... if not, I get yours...

Put up or shut up, PUSSY!

Second thought... make that $5 Million.. I want it to REALLY hurt.

#54     Apr 18, 2008
  5. LOL. You are such a complete utter buffoon.

Again, I asked you why you disagree with Birinyi and you respond with page after page of, "I'm the biggest thing on this forum!!! You're a fag and a pussy!"

Okay, you "win". You and "stocktrad3er" are the only two idiots to wind up on my ignore list in the last two years. How do you like that? You are such a gigantic, weepy mental case and fucktard that you're in the same league as "stocktrad3er".

#55     Apr 18, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Still got nothing, eh?

#56     Apr 18, 2008
  7. Who is the person behind this online temper tantrum?
    Please I want YOU Gnome to post a picture of this trophy. I'm curious now too.

Could you please post a picture of yourself, I want to argue the case for abortion at my church this Sunday.

Are all your posts (6,000+!!!!) as worthless as the ones on this thread?

#57     Apr 18, 2008
  8. mokwit

mokwit

Agree with this. From my very peripheral analysis it seems virtually nobody is breaking out unit sales in the press release - just revenues are up from overseas - suggest that it is a weak USD effect and beneath this some companies unit sales growth could be weakening. It's not what management says its what it doesn't say that is the tell.

For larger companies there will be a window where high levels of cash on their Balance sheet can be used for buybacks - a use they may regret later, unless they used it to dump their stock as some are doing.

Management with stock to sell will pull every accounting trick in the book to beat their deliberately lowballed guidance - they can probably do this for one more quarter.

We seem to have a highly polarised market with the index being driven by oil companies and the IBM and CAT's of this world who benefit, at least for a while from a window of still strong BRIC growth, whereas other stocks are down 50% or more.

This comment from IHT akes a very good oint about how/why the indices are holding up so well.

"In order for profits to collapse as they normally do in a recession, you need industrials, technology, materials and energy to decline sharply. It's those sectors that usually decimate S&P profits and that is just not happening at all," Bianco of UBS said.

In the fourth quarter of 2007, only three out of 10 sectors reported a decline in earnings, compared with eight out of 11 in the fourth quarter of the 2001 recession. "It's because those hyper-cyclical sectors have become global-cyclicals," Bianco said. "More than half their revenues come from abroad, so they're positively exposed to commodities and the weak dollar."

Within the economy and below the S&P it will be a very diffferent story going forward, BUT,a s mentioned there are a lot of companies down 50% or more while the index is holding (read: being held) at only 20% below highs and I question how much lower they will go. I think there is another leg down on the reality of earnings but I will cover on that legdown. Gets very unclear after that - there is a time to be long, a time to be shotrt and a time to be fishin I think we have a fishin period coming up. Flat grinding for a couple of years where the bad news is priced in but there is no growth until clearing takes lace and bank lending starts again.

#58     Apr 19, 2008
  9. How many stock competitions are there? How many people are known to brag about winning stock competitions? If the representations made are true the list of possibiliites narrows considerably. I don't actively seek out information of such things and don't know that much regarding the topic but one name does come to mind.

#59     Apr 19, 2008
  10. The chart for the Spooz shows a definite double bottom in the 1260-1280 range. Very bullish. The market will make historic highs soon.

#60     Apr 19, 2008