So Laslo Birinyi just called the bottom on CNBC...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by blackchip, Apr 18, 2008.

1. PaulRon

PaulRon

I have to correct you here Landis. He has been bearish on the US stock market because of the depreciating US dollar. It is one of the worst performing stock markets in the world over the last 6 years and in terms of gold has gone down 40%.

He puts his own money and others' in foreign assets and is up alone on their appreciating currencies.

#31     Apr 18, 2008
  2. The only ink you got from Barron's or IBD was from sleeping on them.

Look, you're the one who's having a nervous breakdown because I asked you for an intelligent counterpoint to what Birinyi said. I guess all those millions don't buy happiness, eh?

#32     Apr 18, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

You little dumbass... I'm a former US Investing Champion... public record... what the Hell have you ever done?

All I said was that Birinyi said something totally ridiculous... you're defending him like he is your gay lover... oh yeah, that's it. Explains your "love" for the guy.

So far, you're just slinging crapola... show some cred or tuck your tail between your legs and STFU...

#33     Apr 18, 2008
  4. AFAIK this is true guys. Gnome had a nice thread a few months ago where this came up.

On the interwebs you never know who you'll run into.

Take care and have a great weekend.
    :D

#34     Apr 18, 2008
  5. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Gnome, dont even bother with this deepfried guy, He doesnt know who you are. Its like the guy at the bar, who thinks he can play pool, until he sits next to a tournament pool player and realizes what a moron he looks like.,,,, its friday, better things to do.

But i do like the hypothesis above,, hilarious..

EF

#35     Apr 18, 2008
  6. July 29, 2002: ""The big problem is the extreme level of debt," Schiff says, envisioning a gloomy scenario that includes personal bankruptcies and pension funds destroyed. He predicts the Dow Jones Industrial Average will plunge to 5,000."

Landis is right. Schiff was wrong. A perma bear is usually right twice a day, just like a perma bull. Schiff deserves zero credibility because he's not flexible.

#36     Apr 18, 2008
  7. I asked you to elaborate on why you disagreed with Birinyi and your only response was "mortgages", then exploding like a five-year-old and calling me a fag. Wow, you're awesome.

By the way, if you have to defend your opinions by screaming, "I won a contest!" then your opinions must be pretty weak.

#37     Apr 18, 2008
  8. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iO3sBulXpVw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iO3sBulXpVw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Be water my friends. :D

#38     Apr 18, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

I didn't scream anything. Show some cred or STFU!

#39     Apr 18, 2008
  10. On the other hand his macro analysis was spot on. As we both know the subsequent Fed fueled rally commencing that October was a short sellers nightmare.

I'm open to a bit of a rally for a few reasons.

1. My technical work is more bullish than bearish.

2. While P/C ratios aren't at crash like levels-to wit the VIX is below 20-call buyers haven't emerged with any sort of enthusiasm. The rally is still mistrusted. Mistrust means shorts and shorts mean squeezes.

3. Earnings expectations are low. Throw in a weak dollar with a lot of inflation and an extra couple of cents beyond consensus can come from most anyone.

4. Some of this stuff broke so hard from their highs that even the most modest of bounces is enough to take an index sharply higher. It's not like the CAKE's of the world or even the C's can't trade up another 20% or more on air. Not to mention the CAT's that keep on purring.

5. It's the 70's not the 30's or 2001. Upside bs will be a twice a year event.

#40     Apr 18, 2008