So I've noticed that every time a "traditional" indicator gives a buy signal...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Jul 30, 2008.

1. there's almost always one down bar good for 3-10 ticks before the trend resumes (if it resumes at all).

And vice versa.

Interesting.

Is that cuz all the noobs are watching MACD or something and go "omg it crossed over, buy!" and the MMs are messing with them?

Or is there something else going on?

2. Tums

Tums

not all the cross-over are signals,

not all signals are cross-overs.

On cross-overable indicators, when there is a cross-over, it is nothing more than a cross-overs.

3. You know what I mean.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Most retail traders don't have a clue what it is that their "traditional" indicators are even "indicating".

5. Really? Cuz there's like 500 websites that tell you exactly what all of them do.

So are you saying retail traders just add indicators to their charts and make up their own signals?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of websites giving "explanations" of how to supposedly use and even some explaining how they are calculated. I'm just saying the average retail noob doesn't necesarily know.
    They think that you can throw an "indicator" on a chart an bada bing bada boom it "indicates" what the market is GOING to do.

7. Funny you should say that, since you didn't have a clue as to what VWAP/SD was, despite the proliferation of sites describing them.

20+ posts of help, a solution to your conundrum, and not one word of thanks.
    Have Sierra charts send me a consulting fee.:D
    Cheers.

8. lol. I know exactly what VWAP was I just couldn't code it myself.

I haven't been able to make any more progress since what we talked about.

9. RSI, MACD, stochastics only work on chopping markets or bull markets. an oversold indicator can be sold even more to extremes (stock market is not even close to logical)

10. if it is not even close to logical then must be il-logical.. so you should do the il -logical thing and then you would make money right. I guess that means do the opposite of what logical people ware doing with the data.. anyway the problem is that the market is logical and il-logical and people never know what state it is going to be in on any given day! Maybe il-logical = random... i doubt it but who knows

#10     Jul 30, 2008