So it looks like Shiba coin is the next Doge coin...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Trader Curt, May 9, 2021.

1. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

There are a lot of rumors about this speculative asset, but one thing that caught my attention was this news article.

[​IMG]

Is Elon trying to send a hidden buy signal by trying to "Buy a Shiba"? Why would he publicly announce that he is interested in buying a Shiba? Coincidence? Maybe I'm over analyzing this?

This coin also seems to have absolutely no utility value at all. All it has going for it is speculation.

It's some crazy times we live in when speculation is all it takes to move mountains in the markets

2. Overnight

Overnight

Heh, have you looked into the NFT space? It's just a re-imagining of virtual items that you pay real money for in MMORPG video games. Same thing, different generation.

Nobert and Trader Curt like this.
  3. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Yeah it's insane. The new Pokemon cards are on NFTs now as well. I don't understand the craze but it's selling!

johnarb likes this.
  4. Seems legit.

5. zenlot

zenlot

Exactly, you could say that a form of NFTs have existed for a long time now, between gamers. They used to buy things inside game using real money, trade them within the game and show off between other gamers. Some of them were creating accounts just for that, get loads of game collectibles and then sell the whole account to other gamers who would see value in it. Now it's the same thing, just more widespread, and not only between gamers anymore, also you don't need to have good graphics card and game installed, you can have various collectibles on chain and share with other people.

johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  6. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Elon is making a clown out of himself with all of this crypto crap.

Doge was setup as a joke, it still remains a joke, and it will always be a joke.

Bezos vs Musk is a man against a boy...

PS. If Elon is so smart then why didn't he also buy Ethereum? As much as I like Bitcoin, Ethereum is where the action is going to be for many many years.

Trader Curt likes this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

It was discount Sunday for Doge (thanks Elon). Now it is back over 50 cents.

Butthurt much? :)

Bitcoin was setup as a money transfer device (failed) a currency (failed) a privacy defender (failed), etc.

Remember, Bitcoin may go to the Moon, but Doge will go to Uranus.... :)

AbbotAle likes this.
  8. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Not at all Pek, few care about Doge coin, and even less will care in the future. Of course it makes a good story though which is why it's got so much traction. It also proves just how early we are towards DeFi + Ethereum because few people in the media are talking about that combo, rather they're proving just how far behind they are via writing articles about Doge.

Doge is just a plaything for a bunch of kids with Eegit Elon leading the pack. It's not going to do him any favours as well in the future.

Having said that, Doge has been great for educating the kids re cryto currency in general. So let's just wait till they find out about Ethereum + DeFi. The kids are the market for what's being built today...

johnarb likes this.
  9. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Yes, there is a lot holding ETH back right now and the biggest is it's gas fees. This July they will be changing the infastructure on Ethereum and when they do, you can expect to see a proper take off...

zenlot, johnarb and AbbotAle like this.
  10. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

When ETH goes PoS my sense is that the miners will just mine something else.

What effect that has on ETH isn't clear to me. For the time being I've stopped converting ETH to BTC and will hold and acquire.

#10     May 10, 2021
    zenlot, johnarb and Trader Curt like this.