So is tomorrow knife-to-the-gut day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Saltynuts, Feb 12, 2018.

1. RRY16

RRY16

Scared of what? Why is everything Bulls and Bears with you? You sound like a tape recording of Artie Cashin.

#11     Feb 13, 2018
  2. Make that 90% if the CPI number comes in cooler than expected...at 8:30 am EST.

#12     Feb 13, 2018
  3. Nope, very much the opposite. Because:
    This did in fact happen. Very normal looking volume into the close today, and strong buying between 1 and 2pm (which was why the previous post). I'll be doing some profit taking tomorrow by rolling and sell off some bearish positions I'm holding as hedges that I'll no longer need because I'm no longer fearful this was a dead cat bounce. Obviously market conditions tomorrow could alter my sentiment.

Today wasn't low volume, just lower volume. We just shook out the last low volume day on the 10-day average volume so it's artificially high right now. But today was ordinary volume and in the context of the buying I view it as the end of the correction and return to business as usual in this insanely bullish bubble. (Take a look at AMZN's chart--today's volume was higher than every single day between the August and October earnings)

We also saw another day of this:
    My read on that is we'll see buyers stepping in to pick up any weakness on these stocks, and these are some big names too. AAPL, CAT, JPM, AMZN, COST, SQ, MSFT, CSCO, M... Those will be enough to rise the tide and lift all ships. And those stocks contrast with things like GE, GM, FB, IBM and INTC which saw down days and slightly shy of average volume.

So, to me today signaled the all clear and that a monkey with a buy button will make money. I plan to be that monkey.

#13     Feb 13, 2018
  4. Because I could be held accountable if I gave symbols and price targets.

#14     Feb 13, 2018
  5. RRY16

RRY16

Forget it, That’s not what I was getting at.

#15     Feb 13, 2018
  6. beerntrading, thanks for the analysis! Very interesting.

#16     Feb 13, 2018
  7. ironchef

ironchef

So, you are saying a monkey is smarter than me?:banghead::(

#17     Feb 13, 2018
    beerntrading likes this.
  8. volpri

volpri

Well ...well...

79E6E50C-45C4-46D1-8C1C-9D4246B4C800.jpeg

#18     Feb 13, 2018
  9. volpri

volpri

It should. It is overhyped.

#19     Feb 13, 2018
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Let it flow man.

What does that song say to you, in thinking about the very important data you will encounter? What does your soul tell you? What is your intuition?

#20     Feb 13, 2018