so is this true?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by chipmunk, Oct 6, 2009.

1. melb-nyc

melb-nyc

I now trade with Dukascopy. It's a good broker. I used to have account with HotSpot, but now they only accept institutional clients and only high net worth clients, over $1 mil. They transferred my account to FXCM. I withdrew afterwards and changed to Dukascopy.

Dukascopy is great, but I think the minimum to open standard account is $50k.

I am still with Oanda. They are okay. No problem with execution. They increase their spread when there's major news. So I guess it really depends on how you trade, be good in your money management and have enough discipline then you will do well, whether trade futures or spot forex.

#41     Oct 15, 2009
  2. 4EXJOE

4EXJOE

#42     Oct 15, 2009
  3. Stand by....looking for some silly pics to crop......

#43     Oct 15, 2009
  4. I got nothing.

#44     Oct 15, 2009
  5. More transparent, sure, but not necessarily the best way to go.

Bucketshops have their benefits, it depends on how one trades and what one needs.

#45     Oct 16, 2009
  6. bstay

bstay

is GFT Forex also a bucket shop? i read above posts that with 25K you can access raw spreads so it's like a different account type. is such account available in all bucket shops?

#46     Oct 20, 2009
  7. The only problem I have encountered as far as trading spot goes is that my broker, FXCM, restricts you from placing entry orders or moving your stop loss to within 5 pips of the current market. There are certain strategies that I use successfully on futures (and used successfully on spot when I briefly traded with Oanda) that I just cannot make work at FXCM. My solution was not to trade it with FXCM.

#47     Oct 21, 2009