So is this an anti-IB scam?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Jun 12, 2006.

1. rcj

rcj

#11     Jun 12, 2006
  2. BCE

BCE

Seems like everyone here is trying to go to the websites posted right now as I can't get through. :) Thanks for sharing the info.

#12     Jun 12, 2006
  3. Hey kiwi, more likely the shmuck that sent you the email will wind up in jail ,than IB gets shut down on this nonsense.

#13     Jun 12, 2006
  4. rcj

rcj

Zero .... Those numbers are for the types of accts stated- only.

Here are IB's financials. Or... go look up their SEC filings.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/about/financials.php?ib_entity=llc\

... rj

#14     Jun 12, 2006
  5. The guy comparing this to Refco isn't even close. IB isn't going out of business, not going to be shut down. A small fine perhaps, at most.

OldTrader

#15     Jun 12, 2006
  6. There are OldTrader's and Bold Traders.

But there are no Old Bold Traders.

#16     Jun 12, 2006
  7. The person who sent it to me is a happy ib customer --- I see it more like one of those virus hoaxes that well intentioned people sometimes send on so I thought I'd put in out in the open so that it could be addressed.

So far the consensus seems to support the view I'd suspected.

#17     Jun 12, 2006
  8. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

That's $250,000 for each violation found. So max is $750K. (3 violation counts)

However, there's also the option of censure or reprimand.

There's no way IB will lose their NFA membership. Nor have it suspended. Neither would a cease and desist order be imposed. Infractions haven't reached the kind of level to warrant such actions.

#18     Jun 12, 2006
  9. Says who? Tell it to Boone Pickens, 70+, who made $1.5Billion last year.

OldTrader

#19     Jun 12, 2006
  10. I was of course referring to the original author of the email, whomever it may be.

I would think every major and minor brokerage has incidents like this. I'm sure old Goldie Sax has a file a mile high.

#20     Jun 12, 2006