so is it really true, that...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Atlantic, Aug 6, 2006.

1. As only one person actually tried to answer your question, I will chime in.

No, no protests that I've heard of, and doubt there were any outside some small extremely conservative towns.

Breasts have been in the press here for decades (70's). Its not normally anything shown on a cover though cause it won't sell mags, unless its Playboy or something.

#11     Aug 7, 2006
  2. Holmes

Holmes

Must be summer time there and little sensationalism to write up about. The writers have nothing to do so they just invent stories.

Happens all the time.

But I am in New Zealand so I cannot comment on it at all (if it is true or not).

Holmes

#12     Aug 7, 2006
  3. Atlantic

Atlantic

the article i read for example told about a woman in nevada who said that her husband felt very bad about it and she herself is getting sick when she sees a baby hangin' on a breast...

a woman from kansas were shocked. another one had to rip off the cover before her husband can see it, etc.

so - of course even in the us - most people liked it (it was told that 5,000 people answered to it and about a quarter of them complained about it) - but it is weird nevertheless.

they also wrote that according to a survey about 57% of us-americans don't want to see nursing mamas in public and about 72% don't want to see them on tv.

#13     Aug 7, 2006
  4. Who are these people that are offended? Where did they protest, as the newspaper suggested???

#14     Aug 7, 2006
  5. 2 women didn't like the cover - this translates into "protests in America" from an overseas newspaper???

#15     Aug 7, 2006
  6. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

Look at what happened after the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction...

#16     Aug 7, 2006
  7. MRWSM

MRWSM

Believe me, we have people protesting the war also.

As far as that picture goes, we are one of the most conservative of countries. I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Look at the garbage Europe has on TV, do we really want to get that sleasy? Allow one thing and it just opens the door for the next worse thing.

#17     Aug 7, 2006
  8. I wasn't offended... but when I watch the Superbowl w/ the kids, I don't plan on watching overweight no-talent singers body parts flopping about.

#18     Aug 7, 2006

9. What malfunction?? Justin Timberfake rips her shirt off and thats a malfunction?? LOL

#19     Aug 7, 2006

10. Im not sick...but that's one nice tit.....I can tell you right now, thats not a nursing mom...they don't look that good...trust me on this one:eek:

#20     Aug 7, 2006