So, if you have, say, 4 good setups

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ansare, Aug 31, 2012.

1. SatMir

SatMir

Because you don`t know how they exactly look like.They aren`t strictly formalized in your mind.

#11     Sep 2, 2012
  2. Ansare

Ansare

While I do appreciate all replies, I'm feeling like I asked what time it was and people are telling me how to make a watch.

#12     Sep 2, 2012
  3. Daring

Daring

while still waiting for the actual time? :D

#13     Sep 2, 2012
  4. Ansare

Ansare

Indeed.

#14     Sep 2, 2012
  5. Why wouldn't you just use THE best one, period? Sure, if you are a long-term investor that might get a tad boring, but for us daytraders, why don't we do that? Or maybe YOU do?

As I day trader for sixteen years I used tons of different setups . Some worked , some did not . It depended on market conditions , volatility , etc. No strategy works equally on different types of market.
    About a year ago I got together with some smart tech guys and I gave them about two hundred different setups that I could recall from my trading past.Only eight of them (after some modifications) showed good results in a long distance . And only two of them are really consistent . But why would I give up another six if they make good money over long term. My robots do the trading , risk management is in place and I can take some swings. No pain, no gain:D

#15     Sep 7, 2012