so i got millions, now what?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by thelolo, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Nattdog

Nattdog

have u ever analysed you results from a money management perspective? Sharp ratio, max drawdown, etc? If your stats are decent, why not start a small CTA? U can build relationships with brokers/salesmen who can market your program.

that could be a new and profitable challenge if this industry interests you longer term.

#41     Sep 2, 2008
  2. bronks

bronks

Lolo

Hawaiian definition: dumb, stupid, crazy.

#42     Sep 2, 2008
  3. You didn't have A pot, but you had pot?
    :D

#43     Sep 2, 2008
  4. poyayan

poyayan

Serious, if you have 1 or 2 mil. This is what you need to do.

Park a good chuck of it like 1.5mil and start have it generate income.

Next, take chance and start changing the world and become famous. Form a company. Get some employee and VC funding.

I will give you some idea.

1) Something to do with alternative energy
    2) Something to do with robotics.
    3) Something to do with space.
    4) Something to do with carbon nanotubes.
    5) Something to do with stem cell or DNA research.

Once you pick your interest. Start learning and studying about it. If you don't want people BSing you, you need to educate yourself.

You want to make your mark in this world?

Lots of people have money. There is only 1 Bill Gate, 1 Steve Job, 1 Andy Groove.

#44     Sep 2, 2008
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Bullshit. No top tier engineering school can be completed in 2.5 years. Pure bullshit.

Any decent program is 5-years which might be completed in 4-years if you are superhuman. You don't have an EE. I rather doubt your whole story.

#45     Sep 2, 2008
  6. poyayan

poyayan

Actually you can do it. Take all credits for all freshman courses thru AP course upfront. Take exam and get credits for noncore courses.(Like foreign language) Take the rest of EE courses loaded each semester + summers.

Take a very smart person to do that and get above 3.5 GPA. If you are talking about subpar grade, I can certainly see how you did it.

However, if you grades are in the 2.X, you probably have a hard time finding any decent, interesting EE job.

#46     Sep 2, 2008
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Top tier engineering schools accept *no* transfer credit. None.

They won't even let you register for more than 21 units a semester. It cannot be done in 2.5 calender years if you need, say 140 units to graduate. You would never be able to get all the courses required by the catalogue as many are offered infrequently.

I'm talking about top ten EE programs. He must be talking about Whatsamatta.U or something similar. I don't believe his story.

#47     Sep 2, 2008
  8. c-kid, sorry, i meant lolo, you surely know how to stir up the pot. :D

#48     Sep 2, 2008
  9. poyayan

poyayan

Alright, I came from Purdue University and I studied EE. It is barely top 10 nowadays at 9th. I have enough credit to graduate with EE in 3 years and I choose to stay 1 more semester to get the BSCEE. This is 10 years ago.

https://engineering.purdue.edu/Engr/AboutUs/FactsFigures/Rankings//Rankings/

AP credit applied to maybe 1st math course or more. They gave me 1 math course only. I took in house exam and pass on Physic, Chemistry. All its left is Communication, English, C programming.

21 credit for 5 semester is 105 credit + 2 courses per summer total 12. You are up to 117 now. If your foreign language is good, you can take the oral and paper exam and take 9 credits off.

So, if total is 140, we have 140 - 117 - 9 and around 15 credit left. 5 freshman courses you need to pass in school test. 2 math course, 2 physic, 1 chemistry.

You don't really take 21 credit all the time since there are labs. So, you take more than 2 course in summer if you don't have 21 credit in some semester.

When I did this, I have no life except Friday night. Other than that, every waking hours is school...:)

I did all my partying later in my life..:)

Of course, this doesn't mean he did it. If he did play poker, I wonder if he even get a B average.

P.S. Purdue BSEE only need 124 credits. 5 courses less than 140.

#49     Sep 3, 2008
  10. Serenity

Serenity

Read this file...written by a Banker but don't hold that against him.

You are like the majority on this planet...
    Solution: you just got to look inside yourself to find the answer.
    Enjoy the read..

:)

#50     Sep 3, 2008