So I got fired from my prop

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by awhoa99, Feb 12, 2007.

1. virgin

virgin

If you tell me what firm it is, I can tell you
    what the probable reason is you got fired

#11     Feb 12, 2007
  2. cdowis

cdowis

Listen to Simon on "American Idol". Maybe this is just not for you.

Or, you need to do another style of trading -- long term vs day trading, income (option neutral) vs spec (directional).

I suggest that you read Tharp's book.

#12     Feb 12, 2007
  3. yxy

yxy

Harsh reality. I would think it would take more than 6 months for most of the people to be some what consistently profitable...

6 months sounds too early to tell whether you're cut out for it or not, and give up. But it might be a good time to think whether you like trading enough to keep going....

#13     Feb 12, 2007
  4. Depends on the firm. If your 100% prop (someone elses money) and doing intraday scalping, the reality is you are a statistic at most places, and they really dont care about you as an individual. They know x% suceed in 6 months, and that is their entire business plan.

#14     Feb 12, 2007
  5. how about sharing some trading strategies from that prop firm???:D :D :cool: :p

#15     Feb 12, 2007
  6. yxy

yxy

Oh, yeah, business is business. You got to make money.

I was talking about him judging himself as a trader....

#16     Feb 12, 2007
  7. typically 10% make it in this industry. Don't take it personally and use some contact you've made to look for a new career.

#17     Feb 22, 2007
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Yeah please do...it sounds like top secret methodologies being implemented. :p

#18     Feb 22, 2007
  9. pamjoey

pamjoey

Do what you "want" to do. Go with your heart. This is a tough business to make it in, and if you really like it, keep on trying.

#19     Feb 23, 2007
  10. subban

subban

So did you put a deposit in with this firm or were you hired no capital down?

How much of their money did you lose?

#20     Feb 23, 2007