So I got fired from my prop

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by awhoa99, Feb 12, 2007.

1. awhoa99

awhoa99

So i got fired from my prop firm a week ago. Apparently I wasnt where they thought I should be in the learning process. It sucks, but what should I do now?? Continue trading or seek another job? What other jobs would even look at a unsuccessful trader; also is this normal process for prop firms to let go of their new trainees

2. Danulous

Danulous

this is a blessing in disguise

3. rzepe93

rzepe93

willing to bet that if you named the firm most people would say it's a blessing in diguise. how was it going? how long were you there? do you truely have a passion for the industry or just get rich quick mentality? answer these and you'll have an idea of what you're asking.

4. Danulous

Danulous

how long were you trading there?

5. awhoa99

awhoa99

6 months and was finally showin some improvement.....went through the change into hybrid and everything....is this standard?

6. Danulous

Danulous

maybe they wanted to see some more volume.

7. It's a normal thing to get fired from a prop. firm, if you are not making money. If they gave you a 6 months screening period, it may not be a bad firm. I'm more familiar with places with 2 weeks screening, which pretty much my standard with prop. firms.

Eventually, trader's job is to make money. If you're not doing it, you have no excuse what-so-ever... regardless of the Hybrid or the assumption of improvement.

If you can elaborate on the details of your actual trading performance, maybe you'll get more feedback. Another helpful feedback is how the other traders in the firm are doing.

Anyways, what I can say so far is... no one can tell you to quit/stop trading, regardless of the type of job you'll get in the future.

8. virgin

virgin

what firm are we talking about ?

9. dchang0

dchang0

If you really love trading, you could switch to a retail "prop" firm, trade your own money while picking up your learning/training where you left off.

That's what I'd do, at least.

10. virgin

virgin

If you tell me what firm it is, I can tell you
    what the probable reason is you got fired

#10     Feb 12, 2007