So how was your performance in 2009

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trader#21, Dec 18, 2009.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

A little less than 2008 when we had this wonderful winter/spring volatility in commodities. Give me that market now and I make a killing.

This year started really slow with a bunch of < 10K months 'til April. Then I decided to size up a little to compensate. Did my best ever month in June and probably a really good one in december too.

All in all, it's better than expected. I'm a better trader, trade bigger size but also had to deal with big losing days which is quite new for me. I'm still on a 2 + year no losing week streak. 2 times in the year I stopped trading slightly positive on friday just to preserve my streak though...LOL

With all the transaction tax talks, I am not planning to take any day-off in 2010. We all have to push our edges to the max 'til( if ) it comes.

#51     Dec 21, 2009
  2. kid, youll never make it in this industry, but you do have a bright future in comedy

#52     Dec 21, 2009
  3. d08

d08

Ranging from catastrophic to mediocre.
    Down over 30%, however the last few months show signs of normalization. One strategy stopped working and generally slippage increased due to decreased liquidity. Expecting 10 to be better.

#53     Dec 21, 2009

4. Coming from the guy over 40 who calls himself a trollbuster, you must be 1 of those heavy hitters ..LOL (talking about comedy)

#54     Dec 21, 2009
  5. dont look now, but another vendor just tried sneaking into an ET thread. better run along and "save the newbies" from your personal experiences in Deliverance there, ned

#55     Dec 21, 2009
  6. You see the reality is this. My journal reflects the real results from my retirement accounts , whatever you think is irrelevant at best and laughable upon face value.

The odds of you outperforming my returns long term are between slim and none.

#56     Dec 22, 2009
  7. if you only had the first clue to reality

#57     Dec 22, 2009
  8. take it all with a pinch of salt....believe about 5% of what they tell you here.

#58     Dec 22, 2009
  9. mxjones

mxjones

Meditation is the single best thing I have done in the past ten years. It really is life-changing if you stick with it. If you are interested in a good resource, PM me.

#59     Dec 22, 2009

10. It's All mind over matter dude.
    I don't mind and you don't matter.

It's simple I put real money in , made real purchases, it's real money.

Now if you think you are going to outperform me, don't get your hopes up.

#60     Dec 22, 2009