So how was your performance in 2009

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trader#21, Dec 18, 2009.

1. zanek

zanek

I'm still down for the year about $30k, but I just started trading this year and took off many months to study up.

I've been refining my strategy doing either paper trading or small trades in the last 2-3 months. Will be ready to face the beast starting this Monday by starting small !

I'm looking forward to 2010 ! I shall tame this beast :p

#41     Dec 20, 2009
  2. yupp gaj.

though I kept waiting for something like aug-07 or oct-08 like a crocodile, if it happened my year might have been far far better.

#42     Dec 20, 2009
  3. Base Metals +1

Shorting Sugar -1

Pretty much my year :cool:

P.S. How does a compay fail to raise money on a bond offering and next day its stock jumps 8% :eek: (was short)

#43     Dec 20, 2009
  4. ...
    Oh PUHLEEZE save your strawman arguments and cherry picking of data.

If you are so certain of your trading :Take my challenge, if you dare.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181872

#44     Dec 20, 2009
  5. My 2009 performance is abysmal....I believe i'm currently even and hoping for a positive bump the last couple of weeks here. Not holding my breath though.

I am pretty much flat over two years in my trading account.

Except in my 401k, i'm up 50% or something this year. Cashed it all out last year at 13,600 and didn't buy back in until 8,000.

#45     Dec 20, 2009

6. sonny, you are about twenty years too young for this argument. but a bunch of guys here over 40 thank you for the laughs anyway. really made our night

#46     Dec 20, 2009
  7. gaj

gaj

trader21 - my non-trading side kept watching that for that as well.

but my trading side saw on the dow - a bounce, a consolidation at 8k, a drop (which should have kept going) and sharp reversal up, and then after that, every action of the market, up until the past month or so, has been bullish.

until the market breaks down below certain points, i'm not looking for longer term bearish trades.

#47     Dec 20, 2009
  8. 1) My age has nothing to do with it.

2) Your assumptions concerning my age , reveal you to be a fool who hastily jumps to conclusions.

3) You can laugh all you want to since the joke IS on you.

4) I'm pretty confident you lack the stones to take my challenge because before it's all said and done I will probably outperform 99.9% of those on this site.

5) Oh , yeah you may snipe from the sidelines, but we both know you are nothing more than a peewee carping about a Pro.

#48     Dec 20, 2009
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

Undercapitalized :eek:

#49     Dec 20, 2009
  10. Good year over all but I did not manage to make more than in 2008. Had one tremendous hit (38K) and many regular days. Traded in a much calmer fashion and with a better management plan. Making 1K no longer gave me a mental buzz and by the same token, giving 1K to those who at the moment had a better position in the market did not create a havoc in my brain. Trading become more of a business than a game where one plays with real dough. Investing roughly 1500 hours into observing price action and market in general made me realize that the emotional aspect of trading is paramount to profitable and healthy way of doing this. Being calm allowed me to make less mistakes plain and simple.

Goals for 2010:

1. Allow for at least two month vacation - getting away from the market for a relaxing summer is the best mental medicine one could apply.
    2. provide time for yoga and meditation - beats smoking weed to achieve the same calm.
    :D :D :D

#50     Dec 21, 2009