So how was your performance in 2009

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trader#21, Dec 18, 2009.

1. get back to us when next year has flat or negative outcome.
    your alias fits your market experience to a T

#31     Dec 20, 2009
  2. +35% in 2009. I play mean-reversion in different time frames with holding times from minutes to weeks.

I don't know how some of you generate 200%/yr year after year.

#32     Dec 20, 2009
  3. Well first they start out with 10 paper trading accounts.

#33     Dec 20, 2009
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

This was my first FULL year trading and I started the year full throttle and was was extremely confident I could net the minimum 100% return I need to trade for a living.

Sadly, I had to learn many tough lessons, and repeated some serious mistakes again and again.

I found out I had a sim account with IB this summer and that allowed me to regain my bearings by testing many strategies day after day and developing a core set of rules.

So far I'm +42% on the year, which means the trading account is smaller to start 2010, I'll need to generate a better than 100% return next year, and as Pension_Admin says, places me one step closer to quitting or succeeding.

Then again, who knows, maybe a windfall profit will get me to goal before the year end :cool:

I wish everyone prosperity in the coming year!

#34     Dec 20, 2009
  5. With all due respect. You really should hang out with a better class of scalpers. Most scalpers I know had banner years.

How a scalper couldn't print cash in August is beyond me.

#35     Dec 20, 2009
  6. Oh Puhleeze, active trading is a losers game my market experience is irrelevant.

Logic dictates Passive low cost investing as a whole must be more profitable than active management.

I simply choose to put the odds in my favor whereas evidently you do not.
    not my problem.

Investing is about 90% fama & french and 10% behavioral finance.

#36     Dec 20, 2009
  7. ... so pretend you invested 100% at index lows of year 2000. ten years later, how far up in Dow => SPX => NDX is your portfolio now?

100% stupidity is the case here

#37     Dec 20, 2009
  8. Good lord why do you need a minimum of 100% return in one year?

You do know risk and reward are inextricably entwined don't you?

I'd say demanding 100% returns each year is the perfect way to blow up.

#38     Dec 20, 2009
  9. gaj

gaj

trader21 - lots of volatility in february/march, and may/june. i didn't do as well in the first one, did much better in the second.

other than that, my discipline was in waiting for my setups, and then pouncing.

#39     Dec 20, 2009
  10. We don't have to worry about NoDoji. She is really good with risk management. She has good consistent result too.

#40     Dec 20, 2009