So how was your performance in 2009

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trader#21, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Can't we talk about the one that got away. Or back in March when Obama stole a line from Donald Trump's play book and said "Today is a good day to buy stocks" Or should we just bitch because we never have enough money to buy all the bargains.

Tomorrow, tomorrow.
    time in its petty way
    creeping up on us
    Day by day.

(I know, I know, I slaughtered Shakespeare)

#11     Dec 19, 2009
  2. blew up three times during the year, the last being yesterday.

otherwise it was a pretty good year.

#12     Dec 19, 2009
  3. It's alright. I learned a lot more about trading and what it is really about. I am one step closer to either quitting or succeeding, which is a good thing given my obsession with trading and how it is affecting my life.

#13     Dec 19, 2009
  4. usman88

usman88

Up 57% for the year.

#14     Dec 19, 2009
  5. Perhaps you should change your handle.

#15     Dec 19, 2009
  6. 007Arb

007Arb

Not on a percentage basis because my account has compounded over the years but on a total dollar basis 2009 was my most profitable ever because I was fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time with as much as my capital as possible - junk bond funds.

#16     Dec 19, 2009
  7. yr started off shitty losing 40k but thankfully the dead otc market picked up and made back 250k, would be 350k if i wasn't a pussy and let my runners run :(, so probably gonna finish the yr +200-225k

#17     Dec 19, 2009
  8. I'm simply kicking ass , but then again it's virtually a mathematical certainty that I will excel.

#18     Dec 19, 2009
  9. Up 11+% on my actively traded IRA with IB. Trade evenings, Mondays, and some early mornings. Traded first stock and future Aug/Sept 2008. Learn'n and lose'n with real money is the only way to go. My noobish and overly bearish bias has held me back quite a bit. Learned mostly that I don't know squat about trading. Learned a little about money management. Hey, I didn't blow up so it's a great year. :cool:

#19     Dec 19, 2009
  10. Glad you didn't blow-up but:

Tell me what passive index would have underperformed your successful active trading?

#20     Dec 19, 2009