So how many accouts got blown out today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Algorithm, Jul 26, 2007.

1. EBKAC

#11     Jul 26, 2007
  2. LOL of course anyone overleveraged up the ass is gone but I wanted to see if anyone would admit they ignored all risk management and let a 400 point DOW drop which is now 288 wipe them out :D

#12     Jul 26, 2007
  3. I vote this as the GREATEST post ever on ET.
    And yet another reason why this website is a total joke!

:D

#13     Jul 26, 2007
  4. glad your here pal, keep up the funny schtick:p

#14     Jul 26, 2007
  5. Today was the oerfect day to get leveraged short at the close for the free money marathon!

#15     Jul 26, 2007
  6. with leveraged instruments like the dow futures

with ETF's

etc.

there is no reason whatsoever a trader can;t do as well or better on a day like today, than on any other day

frankly, today was one of my best days all year

trade the tape and all days offer opportunities - whether narrow range or wide range (like today)

#16     Jul 26, 2007
  7. I think it would be interesting to see how many accounts do go bust in this country on a daily basis, but brokers like to keep that number a deeply guarded secret. given the facts:

if 70% of traders fail the first year, then out of every 100,000 accounts, by years end, only 30,000 will remain. I'm being generous.

#17     Jul 26, 2007
  8. ES was so fast today I don't think it was even possible to just make 1 point.. As soon as I hit the enter key my positions moved 1.5 points in either direction. Days like today you have to widen your stops and go for more points.

#18     Jul 26, 2007