So, how does this daytrading technique work?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Saltynuts, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Of course. If it would work off the bat in a few minute's work, everyone's hard work here would be a joke. My point is that it seems that it can be almost entirely irrelevant why/when you enter, only how you exit. I'm sure someone has a strategy around this somewhere.

#11     Feb 18, 2018
  2. userque

userque

Notwithstanding the facts you fail to mention: yes, backtesting with Excel via Visual Basic for Applications is very doable.

#12     Feb 19, 2018
  3. Live trading OTOH is a different story :)

#13     Feb 19, 2018
  4. Why bother when there are so many excellent platforms with backtesting stats already proven and vetted for accuracy ?

#14     Feb 19, 2018
  5. userque

userque

You'd have to ask the person I responded to. They asked if it could be done. I answered that it could. They didn't answer the "why" question; and I didn't ask as that information wasn't required in order to answer their question.

But since you asked me, rather than them, I'll bite.

One could be using a custom, (machine learning,) (or custom hybrid) type of model that can't be implemented using commercial software.

#15     Feb 19, 2018
  6. Of course, but now you are talking magnitudes of complexity.
    Sure you can pull it off ?

#16     Feb 19, 2018
  7. That would be the only reason, and it wouldn’t be a trivial task. If you can leverage a reputable .NET platform, you’ll be miles ahead.

#17     Feb 19, 2018
  8. userque

userque

Lol ... again, you should ask the other guy. The guy asking the question.

#18     Feb 19, 2018