So how do all the "pro's" feel about not watching CNBC?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I switch between the two. Bloomberg is great, but i fall asleep. Erin keeps me awake. :p

#41     Feb 25, 2008
  2. read the tape? lol on what? You dont even know what I trade.

In fact, you know that the tape moves on news right?

you're kind of an idiot.

#42     Feb 25, 2008
  3. That's basically what I'm getting at.

What do you guys do, sit in a room with your headphones on?

If there's a nugget out there I want it. If it means having to sit with CNBC in the background, that's fine.

Why are there so many whack jobs on this site?

#43     Feb 25, 2008

4. takes a little while for this to sink in on ET

#44     Feb 25, 2008
  5. RE: T. Boone Pickens shorting Oil

There Will Be Blood

Actually, there is already blood. And lots of it. According to our energy-trading moles on Wall Street, word is leaking out of BP Capital that T. Boone Pickens is getting slayed in no uncertain terms by the indefatigable rise of oil to fresh highs – something that he had very publicly bet against, trumpeting to media outlets only days ago that oil prices would drop to $85 a barrel in the second quarter. “People trading the front end of the curve are getting raped,” exclaimed one big bank trader last night. Then, there are the traders that are doing the raping…like this castle-owning Brit.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120414423054397257.html?mod=hps_us_pageone

#45     Feb 28, 2008

6. Sir,

Well said

#46     Feb 28, 2008
  7. By the time you hear the news it is already too late. Why do you NEED to know the reason that price is moving in one direction or the other? It has no bearing on the price action. The price will tell you all you need to know.

#47     Feb 28, 2008
  8. Is CNBC the Columbia National Blues Channel?

#48     Feb 28, 2008
  9. I have traded news for a living the past 7 years. i want to find out the news as it comes out. Reuters bloomberg DJN and CNBC all give me that

#49     Feb 28, 2008
  10. See it just goes to show that both extremes in this industry CAN make money at the same time.

I've traded for a living for the past 12 years and watch either the SciFi channel or the Comedy channel and trade price.

#50     Feb 28, 2008