So how do all the "pro's" feel about not watching CNBC?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I'd like to see the CNBC gals strip naked, and do the show!:eek: :D

Now, that I'd be interested in watching! Ooh rah!

#31     Feb 23, 2008
  2. You CNBC doubters are funny, You remember not to many years ago CNBC was freakin (LOTS) free money. It was liking taking candy from a baby. Sure times have changed. They will keep on changing. News moves the market sometimes more than others. Cnbc is just another tool in the toolbox. Best to have lots. (ps- Ben Stein needs to go back to holywood with the rest of the clowns)

#32     Feb 24, 2008
  3. SlyFlo

SlyFlo

go watch the interview again...he did say he is shorting oil. and you can believe him.

#33     Feb 24, 2008
  4. harkm

harkm

SteveD said that he wouldn't buy oil right now with that info from T Boone Pickens. He didn't say that he would short oil. There is a difference. I guess it is easy to magnify your point by changing the facts.

#34     Feb 24, 2008
  5. SlyFlo

SlyFlo

...he said he wouldnt go long oil because TBoone is not bullish and is actually shorting oil. based on this nonsense, mr SteveD 'would not go long oil'. the absurdity is trust in TBoone's words....therein lies the humor.

#35     Feb 24, 2008
  6. I will admit that cnbc is basically situated like a morning shows and set up for the masses to watch and not for the professionals. I have to watch it every day because there is so much news broken on it. I am a news trader and get some of my best plays off of CNBC, just look what the on air editor did to the market and abk Friday afternoon, almost a 200 point swing in the dow

If you want TV for professionals watch Bloomberg, but id rather watch crap and be rewarded for it a few times a week

#36     Feb 24, 2008
  7. SteveD

SteveD

Son, when your mother gets home have her read my statement slowly and clearly....

I said I don't even trade oil......

Pickens comments were interesting and may prove to be true or not....who knows....but any smart trader would want to be aware of his statements....

Now, based on your vantage point, everytime Pickens has been bullish, you would be short....

What I was trying to point out to the people with an above 25 IQ was why it is important to watch the news.....

You are obviously someone who tries to establish his manhood at every opportunity....I do feel sorry for you to have those lifelong self doubts about your gender qualifications....

Hey, it's your money....do whatever you want....

SteveD

#37     Feb 24, 2008
  8. SlyFlo

SlyFlo

how original! and no it's not my money. it would be so funny if we ever actually met and i'll leave it at that. it was my mistake to write on this site after a long hiatus...now i realized why i stopped writing. i'm wasting my time here...good luck to all of you.

#38     Feb 24, 2008
  9. The problem with CNBS is not that they don't break news (wind?) but that you are subjected to imbeciles, noise, sound effects, did I mention imbeciles, and inane commercials all f**&ing day.

Almost as bad as having to read ET all day.

#39     Feb 24, 2008
  10. tortoise

tortoise

unless you want to pay $10/month for streaming cnbc from their website, in which case they axe the commercials

#40     Feb 24, 2008