So Elizabeth Warren is actually Indian

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

It proved DNA native American ancestry which is what I said. I make no distinction between South or north American Indians when someone makes that claim

#11     Feb 10, 2019
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You do realize that the majority of people who live in North America have more native American DNA than Elizabeth Warren.

Elizabeth Warren may be less Native American than average U.S. white person
    DNA test shows Native ancestry ranges from 0.09 to 1.5 percent; European Americans average 0.18 percent
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/15/warren-may-be-less-native-american-average/

#12     Feb 10, 2019
    traderob likes this.
  3. I see. So why dont we ask Warren if she meant that Cherokee could be referring to South American indians as well. We can spin this whole thing all the way through the election if you want, and apparently your ilk and Warren do. Let's see if that helps her.

One of the biggest mistakes warren made was to double down rather than just take her hits and put up with the fact that there would be snickers along the way but it goes with the turf. But no, she decided to double down by having that dna test and trying to outsmart the people with "scientific" evidence from her former husbands or current husbands testing company. Instead, the whole thing blew up in her face sending the smell of bullshit from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Typical east coast harvard elitist thinking she could try to get real smart and scientific and stick it up the arse of the hoi polloi to shut them up.

So. If she wants to get on that South American indian theme horseshit too and try that out rather than just letting it go, then I cannot tell you how much I like that idea.

#13     Feb 10, 2019
    traderob likes this.
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

And every week seems to uncover some new piece of paperwork she submitted claiming to be an American Indian. The majority of these were submitted with the intent of gaining an advantage over others by being a "minority".

#14     Feb 10, 2019
    traderob likes this.
  5. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Funny thing about DNA testing is that it debunks a lot of BS family lore.

My own family insisted that one of my great-grandmothers was Choctaw. My uncle called BS on the whole thing and found documents showing she was full-blooded Italian from up north near the Swiss border and got a DNA test that showed we have a nice big chunk of Italian blood. It was apparently more socially acceptable in turn-of-the-century Oklahoma to be native than it was to be Italian and therefore catholic lol.

Warren is also from Oklahoma. There are many people there who think they are native.

#15     Feb 10, 2019
    TJustice likes this.
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#16     Feb 10, 2019
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

and they can make the same claim and be correct. Do they even teach Biology in school now, or did the creationists take over?

Generation # You Have Who Approximate Percentage of Their DNA That You Have Today
    1 You 100%
    1 2 Parents 50%
    2 4 Grandparents 25%
    3 8 Great-grandparents 12.5%
    4 16 Great-great-grandparents 6.25%
    5 32 Great-great-great-grandparents 3.12%
    6 64 Great-great-great-great-grandparents 1.56%

#17     Feb 10, 2019

8. As they say about folks out on the islands in Maine: "Once you go back more than two generations, the family tree turns into a brush pile."

:cool:

#18     Feb 10, 2019
  9. Wallet

Wallet

Had a family member do one of those ancestry dna tests for him and his wife. Wife's came back with "trace" amounts that showed African and Jewish descent. No one saw that one coming as they're Caucasian with a "C". I said great now you can celebrate Hanukkah and Kwanzaa along with Christmas. Everyone got a laugh.

Id say most everyone has a few family members in their family tree giving them trace amounts of diverse ethnicity, America was/is a melting pot after all. But laying claim on Great-great-great-great grand pa, doesn't cut it. Specially when claiming to be American Indian.

#19     Feb 10, 2019
    TJustice likes this.
  10. The thing that is interesting there is that now that we have entered the campaign cycle, when information will be released is more related to when it will do the most damage rather than when it is discovered. Note that the last little ding about the law school registration came a week before she was to announce.

"Sources" most likely already have a pile of other stuff. Have we seen her law school application from Rutgers yet? etc. etc. etc. Don't assume it is not available or has not been requested under freedom of information or through leaking. But things like that will be drip drip to coincide with other key moments in the campaign. Right before a primary, or the day of a debate etc. Some may remember how Jesse Jackson got hit with that "Himey Town" comment right in the middle of a debate and it floored him.

You know if you put everything out there too early it becomes old news by election time and loses its impact.

Let's just say that it was a good move on Warrens part when she acknowledged - after that law school registration flap- that "there could be others out there." Good move on her part. She neither confirmed nor denied but allowed for it in case anyone finds the other stuff that she knows is there.

#20     Feb 10, 2019