SO EASY a Caveman Could Do It!!!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by paysense, Mar 7, 2009.

1. I thought it was like 11%. I am a "swing" trader and do not necessarily shift from SHORT to LONG until a range of indicators "confirm". That shift came after the close Thursday.

Already pared back about 50% my usual exposure, drawdown was minimal - - but it is hoped that if more buyers continue to move into this market, this rally can generate some staying power, hence lifting my gains well above new highs!

My approach is NOT about what a small portion of investments can do for thrills, but how to seriously take that same account and with a high APR and low max DD (Calmar ratio ~8) and move it well beyond net worth in a <i>few</i> years.

How is that done? Just look at past market periods and what the system has done and expect/observe/calculate/overlay/measure <i>what have you</i> with consecutive MONTHS (not days) result.

SO EASY a Caveman can do it!!!

After all if you were Johnny BigWig and you had an account grow with me from $25,000 to $1,000,000 in three years. . .would you care?

So what if the ES moved in <b>one week</b> and your $1M account pulled back (present DD) to $9,200,000.

If we have another year like the last - <b><i>you'd be ecstatic</i></b> if you ONLY gained 115% to move your account to $2,000,000.

I can tell you that sometimes you have to think OUTSIDE THE BOX to make calls that avoid and profit from an erratic market that has plummeted 50%.

"The financial markets are littered with the broken reputations of so-called "experts" who failed to anticipate the global financial crisis, or the recession and bear market that have followed. Finance ministers, central bankers, Wall Street strategists, famed economists, hotshot hedge-fund bosses, former star mutual fund managers and, yes, journalists and cable-television bloviators all dropped the ball big time in the years leading up to the current meltdown."

I'd like to begin with what I know I can do going forward. Fortunately for me I do not need much to get started. It won't be long, now.

Pay$ense

#31     Mar 15, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

I asked a simple question!

Your full page response was not neccessary, and makes little sense, that is why your new name is NONSENSE!

e s

#32     Mar 15, 2009
  3. I apologize, you must not have seen the chart update on the previous page (-8%).

:p

#33     Mar 15, 2009
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Non$ense:

Potential investors want simple answers not fluff.

I asked a simple question, and expected a simple answer.

When I get a monthly update from funds I am invested in, I look at the NAV, and the monthly performance, nobody wants to sift through piles of superfelous information for one number.

You really need to work on your communication skills, remember it's quality not quantity.

es

#34     Mar 15, 2009
  5. I don't know what else to post. . .it has all been said and done.

"Craigslist" nationwide marketing campaign now under way (services for a nominal fee).

I need to collect C2 fees, etc. and advertise to get more monthly income from website and at Collective2.com.

Eventually I will have small account and with APR will be fine by self.p$

p$

#35     Mar 18, 2009
  6. bullshit.

You don't pursue funding through elite trader if you're serious. I don't care if you're Jim Rogers, Richard Dennis, or a f-ckin turtle trader lol...

NOR does a profitable trader SELL a system/alerts online for $70 a month.

Profitable traders trade. That's about it.

Saying a cave man can do it is non-sense. Nobel Prize winners and their advanced "models" and "systems" have been blown apart!

If you're the real deal, keep grinding out profit. Get a private accountant and get it ALL audited.

Then take your track record to a hedge fund and see if you can get in as a trader. Prop firms can also supply huge leverage into the millions if you really are what you SAY you are.

This IS the INTERNET afterall...
    So deal with the skepticism, unless you have audited records.

#36     Mar 31, 2009
  7. Thx for the valuable info Jaytrade.

I do not frequent EliteTrader much at all these days so missed your post. Meanwhile our ideas are somewhat correlated.

With a couple more years track record I could very well take on a prop firms' many millions, but I will (probably) like you say - just trade it myself.

See audit at Collective2.com:

[​IMG]

<b>Pay</b> nothing to the all non- <b>sense</b>

#37     Jun 2, 2009
  8. Yes, the results are in - but I am only now aggressively LONG (from moderately). Just the landscape we've had to deal with.

I'll go ahead and say it. <b>Doug Allen</b> is a turd. He immediately sold my email address as I have since gotten bombarded with every kind of SPAM you can think of. Seen his pitch across many venues.

He had the right pitch here to get a few of us to think he might be for real. Turns out he was simply just fishing for cheap thrills.

:mad:

#38     Jun 2, 2009
  9. The "window of opportunity" to help finance this manager's venture <i><b>has closed.</i></b>

#39     Jun 24, 2009
  10. BartS

BartS

why?did it have something to do with the aggressive LONGS you were holding? :D

#40     Jun 25, 2009