So. Carolina To Nullify Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Yet it has never happened and every time the states and the feds clash the feds win,every time...EVERY TIME

#51     Jun 4, 2013
  2. jem

jem

If you think having a another civil war is winning I can see why you are not big on states rights.

I prefer the way the feds are handling the medical marijuana nullification. I call that winning and I do not smoke pot.

#52     Jun 4, 2013
  3. There were times when the feds weren't acquiescing and the states didnt choose to avoid a show down,in every one of those cases the feds won .The states has never won in a showdown with the feds and they never will

#53     Jun 4, 2013

4. I'm not jem.The will of the American people as a whole trumps the will of a smaller group of people in a state imo.A civil war is not winning which is why I hope the states don't try to disobey the feds when the feds enforce.

Again,MM is not nullification,its the feds not enforcing which has happened before

#54     Jun 4, 2013

5. If we had a religious conservative anti weed President they would shut the weed shops down.They would enforce federal law and they would win if the states challenged them

#55     Jun 4, 2013
  6. jem

jem

so now you think the majority can supress the rights of the minority even when they are exercising their constitutional rights.

that is a pretty novel idea for a leftist.

The states voting for MM laws is the very the supreme act of nullification by a state. That is nullification.
    That is the act of nullification. What more can there be.

Federal law says it is illegal to possess Pot.
    The citizens vote to tell the Feds to go to hell its legal in our state.

The Federal law was nullified by CA voters in 1996. That was long before Obama in case the error of your statement above does not sink in.

Essentially you are just arguing about the Fed response to nullification... not whether there has been a nullification.

#56     Jun 4, 2013