So. Carolina To Nullify Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Mercor

Mercor

The law is a tax , as defined by the court.

There is no ability of enforcement from the federal side.
    All they can do is to bribe the States to join by offering to pay for the cost with our money.

#41     Jun 4, 2013
  2. Thats up to The SC jem,not you or The States

BTW,you dont have to pay money to a third party,you can pay a tax to the government instead

#42     Jun 4, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

Nonsense. That would only depend upon what the subject matter was and what the Constitution says or doesn't say about the topic.

But, like many lawmakers, there seems to be some question as to whether a few of the justices are aware of the document.

#43     Jun 4, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Two thumbs up.

#44     Jun 4, 2013
  5. jem

jem

That is your opinion... my opinion is that the states have a right to decide if they wish to implement obamacare

#45     Jun 4, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

The same court that allowed slavery and segregation for so many decades, that court?

#46     Jun 4, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm going with our attorney's opinion on this one.

#47     Jun 4, 2013
  8. jem

jem

I like the support but I am not stating my opinion as an attorney... just a citizen with the handle jem about a hypothetical situation or two.

before I put my license on the line and really called for nullfication as an attorney I would really have to be sure of the opinion.

Medical Marijuana.... really is not on my priority list.

Obamacare ... we will have to see.

Taxes... maybe after my kids are out of school and I am retired.
    Too risky right now.

Forcing people including Catholics to give out birth control which would abort babies.
    If the feds tried to force me... that I would appeal all the way up and hope to win. After that... I probably would probably go with nullification and take the consequences over killing innocent human beings. (of course my business would probably be shut down by a liberal judge denying my stay or something along the way.)

#48     Jun 4, 2013
  9. Segregated schools was against federal law in 1954 yet Alabama still allowed it in 1962. When the feds decided to enforce it The State and The Al Gov backed down.

The feds have not backed down,they just haven't enforced it jem.EVERY time the feds have attempted to enforce federal law ,they have

#49     Jun 4, 2013
  10. jem

jem

you are not getting the distinction. when there is a constitutional amendment that is far more legit than a supreme court ruling.

As thomas jefferson said its a states duty to nullify bad law (and bad rulings) if a state does not like the constitution it can move to amend it.

additionally as you are saying obama is acquiescing you can say the states chose to avoid a continued show down.

However that is not to say they would not have a show down in the future on an issue of nullification.

#50     Jun 4, 2013