So. Cal. Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by YoungOne, Nov 10, 2007.

1. yobo

yobo

Hey Don,

Quick question. Do you allow your traders to trade equity options? Specifically, in this market environment where volitility is the underlying theme, trading long option straddles and strangles has proven to be very successful for me.

Can traders leverage up to a million with option straddles?

Thanks in advance.

#41     Nov 21, 2007
  2. bathrobe

bathrobe

Momo your lack of vocabulary may be the reason for the language, however you and your "real" traders most likely cuss in public forums due to your anger over enormous drawdowns.

Have a nice Thanksgiving
    :)

#42     Nov 21, 2007
  3. Our traders can certainly buy options (up to 25% of their account balance), and do "one to one" long short positions, sure.

Don

#43     Nov 23, 2007
  4. bathrobe

bathrobe

your are correct I am a fucking adult who makes my own choices so I should fucking cuss as often as I can fuck it felt good to type cusswords on my keyboard so a bunch of people I may or may not know will now hopefully think I am not a wuss it is one thing to say fuck or shit or whatever, it is another to take your time to type these words

#44     Nov 23, 2007
  5. bathrobe

bathrobe

This forum is not about language forget it Happy BLack Friday

#45     Nov 23, 2007
  6. How does this work? If I come to the firm with 50k, I can only be exposed to 12.5k in options?

What do you mean by "one to one"? No ratio spreads, etc?

#46     Nov 26, 2007
  7. You can spend 25% of your equity buying options if, for some reason, you choose to. We don't allow ratio spreads or excess short options at this time.

Don

#47     Nov 26, 2007