So. Cal. Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by YoungOne, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Isn't this what I said?

#21     Nov 17, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

False.....It's not called a lockup, it's called a bonus. Lockups are for firms like Assent or Echo where they lock up your OWN capital you bring in for 12 months. I'm not referring to that. I have looked at these agreements and I assume Don has as well since he stated it. Most of these firms agree to payout a portion of your P&L as a year end bonus. This is NOT a lockup. In fact, it's really no different then what Goldman or Bear does.

#22     Nov 17, 2007
  3. I heard PimpCo was hiring... Bill Gross and Mike are interviewing next Wednesday.

#23     Nov 18, 2007
  4. I disagree, I have been a prop trader for many years, 9 to be exact, GS has been knocking at more door for many years.

Here is the answer but up some capital and go trade.

If you want a list of firms that will provide you BP without cap upfront, PM me. I know a few. BUT you must have a proven track record.

Good luck with your search.

#24     Nov 18, 2007
  5. I interviewed there the other day. They were very impressed with my ninjatrader system and 888 account setup.

If anyone is interested in hearing more, please PM me.

#25     Nov 19, 2007
  6. LOL,

Don :D

#26     Nov 20, 2007
  7. Hey man, I met you a couple times at the Omni Hotel in Chicago!! You're a great guy and run an awesome shop, lotsa respect dude. Couldn't trade for ya because I love futures and equity options too much.

Not to busta balls, but the 888 account is not what everyone seems to think it is!!!

#27     Nov 20, 2007
  8. Hmmm? I was flashing back to Long Term Capital Management and the "hidden" account, I may be wrong, it has happened once before.

Omni hotel in Chicago, that was quite a while back...can't remember when.

(and thanks for the nice words, always nice to hear).

Don :)

#28     Nov 20, 2007
  9. Was about 2000 or so if I remember right. I haven't been back to Chicago since then, I moved to Denver then. I took your words to heart about trading equity outright versus options. Through all of these years I've traded kick ass and it's been a helluva dragon ride.

You were one of the first people to set my systyem on the right track!

I was fuckin happy to get out of the CBOE and do my own thing after hearing you speak. I learned a lotta lessons!!

#29     Nov 20, 2007
  10. 2000 sounds about right.

Just FYI, we have two brothers who traded here for quite a while...good traders, and they set up an office in Denver (just if you have any interest in a place to trade...don't necessarily have to be a Bright Trader).

Don

#30     Nov 20, 2007