So Ameritrade keeps adding bullcrap features but not fixing bugs

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoesWasBetter, May 19, 2017.

1. and other offending problems in TOS platform.

Are they just stupid?

2. TD is a marketing firm nothing more.

Macca1 likes this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Excuse me, but you put "Ameritrade" -- don't you mean "Interactive Brokers"??

(You're welcome....)

{apologies -- I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything -- there are already enough "Oh, IB! You did [some mind-numbingly stupid thing] again!" threads -- you should feel free to have an Ameritrade thread without interference... Carry on.}

Chubbly likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What is an example of a bug on the TOS platform?

5. Whenever I open a new position the PL goes negative!

6. I'll ignore the idiots and answer.

One font selection for the ENTIRE platform. Lame. I have the largest font selected since on a 4k 40" screen you need it.

This causes , for instance, the NEWS feed to open with the story itself in HUGGGGGE type, and you have to fuk with size of the window to read it. Lame, no excuse for it. Clear , none of the nitwits that use TOS read news.

As mentions other times, the new feed has NO column for SYMBOL. Lame, and stupid

No way to alert if news on a symbol comes in. Lame and stupid.

Shall I go on , or wait for the house clowns to chime in?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm not at all defending TOS. Just making a general statement. A retail platfrom that tries to do everything, can't be great at everything. If the news feed does not meet your standards, the alternative is to pay for one that does. The free version will never be as good as a news accumulator like Newsedge from Acquire Media. http://www.acquiremedia.com/
    I used to pay $300/month was I was a MM for this. Realtime business news from many sources that can be filtered.

A platfrom should be customizable, great at entering orders and monitoring risk based on your needs. The rest is just a free service to add to your experiance.

Chubbly likes this.
  8. Chubbly

Chubbly

I have used tons of retail platforms and trust me ToS is probably one of the best. Go ahead and try a bunch of others.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    gkishot likes this.
  9. Chubbly

Chubbly

They are quite a large bank (at least in Canada) I think you meant Tasty Trade?

10. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

The problem is that like every large trading platform, they have a backlog of features they have to go through and prioritize based on user and business most important needs. When enough people complain about a feature beyond their threshold, they will get prioritized and fixed, else they stay there in the bottom of the pile and will never be addressed because there are other issues that are more important to them and the majority of clients. If these issues really annoy you, make sure you contact support for a workaround and leave if they don't get fixed.

#10     May 21, 2017