So a Bloomberg Terminal is $1,500 per month. Why?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Mar 22, 2011.

1. oh i see. Yeah the only thing I trade are the indexes, SPY, QQQQ, and DIA (and their weighted counterparts) so it probably wouldn't be of much use to me huh.

Can I get Cliffs notes on what a credit swap rate is?

#31     Mar 22, 2011
  2. Value is relative... Useless to most, necessary to others...

Bloomberg knew that, charges, and people keep paying...

Whats the alternative..

#32     Mar 22, 2011
  3. heech

heech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interest_rate_swap

#33     Mar 22, 2011
  4. Bloomberg anywhere ipad apps version gives relation managers a creditable image when presenting to high net worth clients :p, its like watching people nowadays using the most expensive & sophiscated smartphone just to ask/sms each what did they have for lunch, have they poo after that, and was it a smooth one:)

#34     Mar 23, 2011
  5. :D

#35     Mar 23, 2011
  6. Bloomberg is all about ADHESION CONTRACTS. Ask MIchael Bloomberg. He is a professional risk free "money maker"! :cool:

#36     Mar 23, 2011
  7. But people will think you're cool if you send bloomberg messages. And call them bloombergs.

#37     Mar 23, 2011
  8. When you look over the shoulder of the trader and see that text style and layout on his monitor...it is really kewl and he must know what he is doing...

ES

#38     Mar 23, 2011
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Any feedback on this ? If true even a couple of times a year, it's worth having even for the unsophisticated retail trader. Or how sophisticated has one to be to be able to find this info on bloomberg ? I could even imagine paying a low wage to a trainee or rather unskilled worker just to look for those info daily on bloomberg if it's not too much of a big deal.

#39     Mar 23, 2011
  10. $1500 per month = $18,000 per year. Think about it.

#40     Mar 23, 2011