So a Bloomberg Terminal is $1,500 per month. Why?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

+1 :p

#21     Mar 22, 2011
  2. Now I remember why I don't look for any trading advice on this site. Just entertainment.

#23     Mar 22, 2011
  3. heech

heech

#24     Mar 22, 2011
  4. #25     Mar 22, 2011
  5. hiptogo

hiptogo

i think chatroom is good if you have a bunch of active experienced ppl in there bouncing ideas off each other. getting into trades with each other etc.

#26     Mar 22, 2011
  6. Cuz I'd like to learn what the big deal is about these things.

It's like on a car forum, if someone asks "hey, why is this turbo engine so expensive? What is a turbo anyway?" they wouldn't expect an answer of "lol if you don't even know what a turbo is then why are you even here?", but instead would expect an answer of "a turbo is forced induction, it works by doing blah blah blah which results in more torque and horsepower, hence the increased price."

Sometimes forums are used for learning and an exchange of knowledge rather than just trolling.

#27     Mar 22, 2011
  7. Is it just a normal USB or PS/2 keyboard? Wanna send it to me so I can use it and feel like a baller? :D

Or do you have to give it back when your lease is up?

#28     Mar 22, 2011
  8. heech

heech

If you're a daytrader looking at price chart of a single instrument, very unlikely BB will be useful to you. BB is more about accessing fundamental information, statistical analysis, understanding/studying relationships between different instruments, getting quotes/prices on various derivative instruments (like the interest rate swap mentioned previously), etc, etc.

For my business, I find it invaluable.

#29     Mar 22, 2011
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

On a related note, ya ever notice how all the big swinging dicks boast about how much horsepower their rods got (while they wolf down their 24 oz porterhouse steaks), yet the first question I get when I tell people I'm a pure vegetarian is: "Where do you get your protein???"

Uh, well, let's see, I think I get it from plants, same place that the horse (and the bull, and the elephant and the rhino and a lot of other big powerful creatures) get it from.

:D

#30     Mar 22, 2011