So, 2011 almost over, how did you do?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Debaser82, Nov 19, 2011.

1. I am up 17% for now. Was up 30% at the peak.

My biggest position is physical gold which is up nicely in Euro's and my mining stocks did ok although they did gave up a lot of their gains these last months.

All in all I'm ok with my performance this year. Could have been a lot better if I took some profit or made some other decisions but you can't live of regrets can you...

2. Down 20%

FoN

3. d08

d08

Up 96%

4. Up around 33%.

From peak to valley it was 110% to -20%

I've been trading since June and testing different methods to see which work best.

5. Down 8%. Was up 10% then got killed in the Aug dump.

Was too levered. Maybe some day I'll learn? Nah...

6. Was up 15%, but gave back all gains and now I am flat. I hope that this time the lesson (don't fight the market) was learned. In this biz flat is OK because you can keep trading. Good Luck to all.

7. the1

the1

+28%. Clients are happy.

8. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

Up about 48% now. Was up 52% and now down a bit after the month of chop and gap open days. I feel like I am in good shape to HOPEFULLY add to this and maybe make an even 60% by year end.

9. Well crap any tips on how to learn from any of you super traders?

FoN

10. Lucias

Lucias

My signals would have generated this year as tracked by C2 -- net of system fees and commissions (assuming a discount broker) as of today:

47.9% Systematic (Assuming starting 7k-10k account)
    55.3% Discretionary (Current 90kish account)

This could change quite a bit though for the WORSE or BETTER though given the volatility and the high goals I've set for myself. I've had quite a few order entry problems lately, some due to my fault but many due to C2. Some benefit me.. some cost me. I didn't trade any in August on my discretionary account because I was trying for a prop firm but it would have been a banner month based on my predictions adding anywhere from 5% to 18% to my performance.

I'd like to start hitting double digits on most months which I think is possible.. if I can hit my stride. I just got really watch those losses because I've increased my leverage in my discretionary trading.

This month has been rough.. I was down 8% but have recovered. I've made it clear in my signal service that to follow me is a higher risk then what my record shows because I'm pushing myself to do bigger returns.

Anyway.. I just keep focusing on the process and I'm sure that I will hit my stride again. Hitting my stride means making 18% to 20%+ in a month for me..

#10     Nov 19, 2011