Snuskpelle's (kind of) Intraday Adventures 2019

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Snuskpelle, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Closed +100 from train

#751     Aug 23, 2019
  2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Fishing some NQ with trigger orders at 7527 and 7477 long/short respectively.

#752     Aug 23, 2019
  3. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Pussied out on triggered short for +30, interfering with dinner.

#753     Aug 23, 2019
  4. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Two failed trades: Buy NAS100USD x 8 @ 7392 stop 7376
    Sell NAS100USD x -8 @ 7372 stop 7386

Didn't have a particular conviction other than it's likely to trend from here. Miniscule bets. Of course, probably miscalibrated (over) trading mood so quitting for tonight.

Edit: Analyzing my thought process here would be interesting. It boils down to experimenting rather than following the plan, so I prefer eradicate my edge by doing so. Dumbass me.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    #754     Aug 25, 2019
  5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Set up a long XAG short XCU pair trade (about 2x acc trade size) this night, posting details later.

#755     Aug 29, 2019
  6. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

^So, very simple strategy: Long XAG short XCU in equal amounts. Aside from being a good strategy for a couple of months look back, what I am trying to capture is

A) my belief that the market is eventually going down along with macro without being short index (as equities seem determined to grind higher a while yet)
    B) be dollar/metal beta neutral as I don't have a strong conviction here and am already long USD by my base currency choice

Algorithm also manages stop behavior which I've written in a way to manage flash spikes of which there are plenty. Expecting max loss of 4000 on this, i.e. larger than my usual bets. Sitting tight is much easier as I've backtested this unlike with untested discretionary bets.

MFE/MAE since yesterday about +/-700, now +100. I wasn't around for the China driven frenzy yesterday which caused the swing from positive to negative (now subsided).

Currently I am basically waiting for some kind of bear episode in September for that to be relevant again. Moved half of money to a sub-account to be used on this so I can continue the intraday algos,

#756     Aug 30, 2019
  7. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Currently I've been quite interested in TRY/JPY after studying the recent spike and others like this, and I might enter a trade on that next weeks. Mostly because I've expected the spike to clear away some systematic risk. TRY must show it will at the least not start trending downwards again however.

There's a significant possibility of Erdogan showing up and wanting to lower rates again though which causes hidden danger in that trade. I did bet against TRY a while back on that basis but that was poorly thought out since I ignored the financing cost which was horrendous (given short TRY).

Will is this case only take the trade with a backtested algo (should be quite easy to determine if there's any way of not sucking given the last years are almost only down trend for TRY/JPY).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    #757     Aug 30, 2019
  8. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Btw start of US eq session would have been nice to participate in but had more important business with my GF... Hoping for a volatile September.

#758     Aug 30, 2019
  9. Very relaxing read.Keep it up.

#759     Aug 30, 2019
  10. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Developed a semi-martingale strategy in weekend (up to a fixed limit of 4x initial leverage) to do well in deeply mean reverting trends. Intend to use it on TRY if I see that upwards momentum (reversal in really long term sense) might continue. Again, being long TRY is nice as long as carry return is that high. However, my understanding after reading up on the situation is there might be a number of large cuts coming (aside from a huge cut in July after the central bank president switch...). Will wait until September 12 for confirmation unless some major trend happens before then.

Running same algo on 5000 USD sub-account to go long CAD and short CNH in equal amounts (intermediary USD). Might be a bit late on CNH or it might not, in the latter case there should be big $$$ ahead.

#760     Sep 1, 2019