SnP TO RECORD HIGHS BY YEAR END

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Port1385, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Energy, raw materials, and large cap tech are doing very well. Hard to have a bear market when there is still so much strength in so many stocks.

#11     Jul 9, 2008
  2. Jobs, jobs, jobs.

You say don't fight the trend?

Ask any credible economist what the trend in jobs is and will be for the foreseeable future.

Lower rates, have oil come down, do whatever...if unemployment rises, it doesn't mean jack shit.

The trend is higher unemployment.

Maybe everyone in the U.S. who is unemployed or at risk of losing their job can be hired by the government.

After all, we're running such huge surpluses.

#12     Jul 9, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

:p :p :p :p :p

You will be lucky to see it close above

:p :p :p :p :p

#13     Jul 9, 2008
  4. I agree a lot of stuff seems to be priced in, and that we have hit a key level of support. However, saying no-one cares about housing, recessions, etc. demonstrates total cluelessness.

#14     Jul 9, 2008
  5. DOW -2.08%
    S&P 500 -2.28%
    Nasdaq -2.60%

I didnt see any catastrophic news, dont use Iran and the missiles they test-fired, they did it as a response to Israeli military tanning exercise. the only thing that that really effected was oil prices. Now we just have to see how long this bearish market will last for.

Unless I didnt see that catastrophic news that made everything sink.

#15     Jul 9, 2008
  6. de·ni·al

Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-nahy-uhl]

–noun

1. an assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false: Despite his denials, we knew he had taken the purse. The politician issued a denial of his opponent's charges.
    2. refusal to believe a doctrine, theory, or the like.
    3. disbelief in the existence or reality of a thing.

#16     Jul 9, 2008
  7. volente_00

volente_00

#17     Jul 9, 2008
  8. "we have hit a key level of support"

It doesn't matter what level support is supposed to be at or where the market should logically bottom.
    It was sentiment that drove us up to ridiculous levels and sentiment will drive us back down through support.

#18     Jul 9, 2008
  9. offbyone

offbyone

hahahahaha

First of all oil could easily drop to 110 without us seeing any difference at the pumps.

Second of all the likelyhood of oil taking a crap is pretty slim until the dollar gets stronger. The likelyhood of the dollar getting stronger is pretty slim until the fed raises the rates. That won't happen until after the election. So don't count on it.

The only other scenario i can see is that this recession spreads globally, if so global oil demand might dip enough and the dollar might get stronger simply because other currencies get weaker.
    But if things are that bad i think the stock market is screwed anyways and a lack of high oil prices isn't going to do much. Don't forget a lot of the money in the market comes from funds based on jobs and well we all know that jobs aren't gonna get better for quite sometime.

#19     Jul 9, 2008
  10. *ahem*..... another one by your fav lil duck

#20     Jul 11, 2008