Snowden Leaves Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 23, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

It looks like Holder botched the extradition process and Snowden is on his way to Venezuela by way of Russia/Cuba. The White House petition to pardon him has over 100,000 signatures.
    ---

HONG KONG (AP) -- A former National Security Agency contractor wanted by the United States for revealing highly classified surveillance programs has been allowed to leave for a "third country" because a U.S. extradition request did not fully comply with Hong Kong law, the territory's government said Sunday.

Hong Kong's government did not identify the country. Snowden, who has been in hiding in Hong Kong for several weeks since he revealed information on the highly classified spy programs, has talked of seeking asylum in Iceland.

However, Russia's ITAR-Tass news agency cited an unidentified Aeroflot official as saying Snowden would fly from Moscow to Cuba on Monday and then on to Caracas, Venezuela. The WikiLeaks anti-secrecy group tweeted that Snowden was "over Russian air space" and later said in a statement he was bound for an unnamed "democratic nation via a safe route for the purpose of asylum."

More:
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-06-23-07-04-11

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I heard somewhere Snowden has a pretty hot GF.

Edit: I just looked her up. She's OK I guess but nothing to get too excited about.

3. Snowden is a hero. US was simply outmaneuvered by Hong Kong authorities.

4. wjk

wjk

Funny how Snowden is charged with espionage for revealing that his accusers have been conduction espionage against their own populace. Some call such espionage against entire populations tyranny. The Stasi could have only hoped to have such sweeping surveillance ops.[​IMG]

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

In some ways he certainly is. Although overall I haven't decided yet.
    Not terribly difficult to do, considering the colossal incompetence of the Odumbo regime.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Excellent point.

7. pspr

pspr

There was an interesting argument that so far his crimes are just political crimes and he could be found not guilty on that basis for what he has done so far.

8. wjk

wjk

He's dealing with Obama, Holder and Co. They are outside the law. Legalities are meaningless.

9. True. There are now all manner of rumours on reporter Michael Hastings being rubbed out mafia style. First amendment under assault?

10. wjk

wjk

Most amendments are under assault and have been for the last 4+ years. Our reps, who are sworn under oath to uphold the constitution, have failed us miserably, as have those who openly ignore the constitution and disregard their oaths entirely.

#10     Jun 23, 2013