Snow because of global warming!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Mastermind. Subject the bleedin obvious. Because it is average global temperature and changes to that average over decades that are of interest in determining the scale of climate change. There will still be weather and change of seasons if the globe is 4C warmer. They may even be more extreme.

#21     Feb 14, 2010
  2. Humans currently emit 130 times the amount of CO2 as do volcanoes on the average. Source: US Geological Survey - about as expert as it gets.

#22     Feb 14, 2010
  3. Good thing I never considered volcanoes to be a good source of plant food. Now as a source of *air pollution I'd expect them to be #1.

*No rational person considers co2 air pollution.

#23     Feb 14, 2010
  4. Have you heard of light pollution or noise pollution? Neither noise nor light are necessarily bad, but in excess and in the wrong place they are not desirable. Same for CO2.

Human emitted CO2 is causing acidification of the oceans. This is pollution by any definition of the word.

And incidentally, CO2 is not harmless to humans in higher concentrations. I think it starts to set it at something like 5 -10 times current atmospheric levels (can't remember the exact level). Nobody is suggesting that we will reach these levels in the next 100 years, but should we burn all the fossil fuels - coal, oil gas, oil shale, sands etc, then levels could become directly harmful. Anyway, by that stage climate change would have become apocalyptic in extent.

The nasty thing about CO2 is that is only slowly scrubbed from the atmosphere by natural processes. The excess emitted by humans is there for decades and centuries. Just turning of the tap sometime in the future leaves a broken planet for a long time to come - and that is the best scenario.

#24     Feb 14, 2010
  5. jem

jem

in a very slimey way you took half my statement and reversed my point.

my point was that olbermann and these lefties were making fun of people saying the snows disproved global warming ... when the very next minute he was saying the snow and warmth were predicted as part of global climate change.

I am the one saying it is stupid to make either conclusion.

#25     Feb 14, 2010
  6. I apologize if I misread your post. I'm afraid my eye's glaze over when I read yet another post about some cold winter means something about climate change. I could equally well cite my location where it has been consistently hot for months (1 - 2C) hotter than average.

#26     Feb 14, 2010
  7. Arnie

Arnie

#27     Feb 14, 2010

8. Yes and that's exactly why the solution to global warming is nuclear winter.

Liberals need to learn to think outside the box and quit considering global warming a catastrophe , when in fact it could be a HUGE OPPORTUNITY.

Kill 2 birds with one stone global warming and solve the Iran or NK problem.

#28     Feb 14, 2010
  9. jem

jem

did you all see the other thread where the former head of the global warming hoax admitted that the middle ages may have been much warmer and we are just reverting back out of a cool period.

now how come you lefties could not accept such an obviously reasonable premise before. Could it be group think - dave diode?" or is it corruption of truth for cash?

#29     Feb 14, 2010

10. You Always Lie, but You're telling the truth

#30     Feb 14, 2010