Snopes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Dec 1, 2011.

1. This from the site of truthorfiction, similiar to snopes.

The plot thickens:

Obama Nominated Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court as a Payback-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor:
    Various emails circulating the Internet alleging that President Obama nominated Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court as a pay back for denying requests for cases questioning the Presidents citizenship when she was a clerk for the court.

The Truth:
    There were cases filed in the Supreme Court by "The Real Truth About Obama, Inc." that were denied by then Solicitor General Elena Kagan but these cases did not question President Obama's eligibility as a natural born citizen.

This rumor stemmed from an article released by World Net Daily (WND) on August 4, 2010 that alleged that there were several cases questioning the President's citizenship and that they were denied by Kagan. WND posted this statement on their site correcting the error:

"An earlier version of this story incorrectly described a series of cases for which Elena Kagan represented the government as eligibility cases. Those cases, in fact, were a series of unrelated disputes pending before the Supreme Court and the references have been removed from this report."

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/k/Kagan-Payback.htm

#11     Dec 1, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

I think both Snopes and FactCheck.org have a liberal bias. Although they both adamantly deny any bias, you can see it in many of their check comments and in the claims they choose to comment about.

#12     Dec 1, 2011
  3. I believe Factcheck was created by a Ronald Reagan supporter

Republicans lie so much that even an organization created by a Reagan supporter cant defend their lies

#13     Dec 1, 2011

4. Now you've just went and embarrassed The Emperor. :mad: .

#14     Dec 1, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Thankfully we have Obama in office to serve as the beacon of honesty, and morality.

#15     Dec 1, 2011
  6. I've wondered about what makes people rate political threads, insecurity complex, I don't know. It is a waste though. And it appears that the main voters are righties, usually 5 stars is an anti Obama thread, 1 stars a pro Obama thread. Silly republicans spending all their time voting on these silly forums.

#16     Dec 1, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder makes anyone rate ANY thread. Insecurity complex maybe?

#17     Dec 1, 2011
  8. I can see if people rate a good trading journal thread or help rate the most educational ones. Or maybe a thread with a good article on trading or computer tips. Myself I don't take the time to rate threads.

#18     Dec 1, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't see any difference.

#19     Dec 2, 2011
  10. #20     Dec 2, 2011