Snooze patterns vary across cultures, opening eyes to evolution of sleep

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by OddTrader, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Snooze patterns vary across cultures, opening eyes to evolution of sleep

Amount, timing of sleep is less important for health than sticking to routine

By
    Bruce Bower
    1:42pm, January 27, 2017

https://www.sciencenews.org/article...-across-cultures-opening-eyes-evolution-sleep

“Contrary to conventional wisdom, people in societies without electricity do not sleep more than those in industrial societies like ours,” says UCLA psychiatrist and sleep researcher Jerome Siegel, who was not involved in the new research. ... ...

[​IMG]

InfoTech likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Fascinating! I'm closer to the Hadza hunter-gatherers than anything else.

I just turned 45 in September and I feel my sleep patterns have definitely changed recently. I'll go to bed at around 11pm and then wake up between 4:30 - 5 AM, and then at about 1PM in the afternoon I will crash for about an hour and a half. It's weird because I've never really done the nap thing before. But all I keep thinking about was a recent lecture I heard where the speaker said, "If your body is giving you the signals that you're tired at some point during the day, you don't need caffeine.... you need a nap." Made total sense, so that's what I'm doing.

OddTrader likes this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey just wondering here....
    has anybody bought one of those "My pillow dot com" pillows"?

I'm seriously thinking about buying one lol.... $60 for a pillow is a lot of money. But those commercials do ring true. My neck hurts.
    Megyn Kelly swore by them.

I'm surprised Trumpy hasn't had this guy at the WH yet.
    My kind of made in America business model. How simpler can it f'ing get? Pillows. Kudos to that guy.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It's funny you ask that because I just bought one about two months ago and it's the BOMB! That pillow is 100% Baron approved. :fistbump::D

algofy and vanzandt like this.
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I am a channel surfer and find myself always stopping at the infomercials. This one also caught my eye. $60 is steep but considering we spend most of our time sleeping well worth it if it relieves ur neck pain.