Snoop Dogg endorses Ron Paul, for Shizzle?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 31, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/snoop-dogg-endorses-ron-paul-shizzle-015439343.html

Snoop Dogg endorses Ron Paul, for Shizzle?

ReutersBy Tim Kenneally | Reuters – 4 hrs ago

LOS ANGELES, Jan 30 (TheWrap.com) - Snoop Dogg, throwing his weight behind Ron Paul? Politics really does make strange bedfellows -- or at least smoking buddies.

The rapper and marijuana enthusiast appeared to grant his endorsement to GOP candidate Paul on his Facebook page late Monday, posting a picture of Paul with the headline "Smoke Weed Everyday." Snoop Dogg -- born Calvin Broadus -- included the message "Because I said so" with his post.

Broadus -- whose most recent marijuana-related arrest occurred earlier this month, at the Texas border town of Sierra Blanca -- is presumably drawn to Paul due to the libertarian-leaning candidate's stance on drugs. Paul, an advocate of smaller federal government, was a co-sponsor of the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act, and supports the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.

It's unclear whether Broadus was aware of Paul's reported history of signing his name to racially-charged newsletters in the 1990s. (Though Paul's name appears on several pamphlets containing racial rhetoric, he told CNN in December that he was unaware of the controversial passages at the time of their publication, stating, "I've never read that stuff. I've never read -- I came -- was probably aware of it 10 years after it was written.)

Though Paul's chances of grabbing up the GOP nomination appear to be distant, the Texas congressman does appear to be developing quite the stable of musician endorsements -- late last year, country singer Kelly Clarkson caught criticism after singing Paul's praises.

"I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination and no one gave him a chance," Clarkson said in a tweet. "If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't."

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

There was this other thread where you implied that a republican was an Uncle Tom. I'm wondering what category Snoop Dogg falls into for you. Is he a House ______ or a Field ______ by your definition?

Which category does Snoop fall into, House or Field?

I'm thinking Ron Paul does pretty well in Florida. He is sort of steadily increasing his percentage of voters with each state primary.

3. 377 trolling trying to start E fights and ruin another thread

377s master plan to ruin every thread I post in

4. Willie Nelson seriously needs to come out and support Paul :D

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Just curious and trying to refine my understanding of your definitions.

Is Snoop an Uncle Tom?

If he is an Uncle Tom which category does he fall into, House or Field?

If he isn't an Uncle Tom, what makes the distinction between Snoop and say... Allen West? If Allen West smoked pot and made music would he cease being an Uncle Tom?

Please explain. Thanks.

6. Keep going.The mods will soon get involved

377 trolling trying to start E fights and ruin another thread

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

This is very clearly connected, Snoop is a black guy and Allen West is a black guy.

Allen West opposes your man Barrack Obama and we noticed you categorized him as the House variant of the Uncle Tom category.

Snoop seems to support your man Ron Paul so we naturally wonder if that shields him from being considered an Uncle Tom.

Just trying to figure it out as it is all very confusing.

Between the two of us I think you simply call blacks that you don't like Uncle Toms and do not apply that moniker to blacks you approve of. Is that possible?

8. 377 trolling trying to start E fights and ruin another thread

9. I don't know AK, this is fightclub. They tend to let us go as long as we don't mess with the other forums. I would not look for the mods to step in.

Think Newt and Mittens. If one turns up the heat, so must the other. :)

10. Just don't go all crazy like cold does every weekend:D

#10     Jan 31, 2012
    samantoyo likes this.