Sniper Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Oct 16, 2002.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Rigel, you have no kids do you???

#211     Oct 23, 2002
  2. Rigel

Rigel

I've got two boys and I've always taught them to stand up for themselves. One of them was attacked in the locker room by a bully and my son beat the crap out of him in front of several other people. The guy murdered two people six months later. The other son was whacked on the head in school with a book from behind, out of the blue and for no reason while waiting for the teacher to arrive. He stood up, turned around, decked the guy, stood on him, and made him promise to behave himself before he let him get up. Both my kids are also kind and decent people.

#212     Oct 23, 2002
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

surely, you can then understand why some Parents would keep their kids out of school.....sounds like you have a pair of prize fighters.....have they ever looked into boxing??? great sport to partake in,very rewarding....

#213     Oct 23, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

Actually fighting is repugnent to them. They are both very kind people and it really upset them when they were put into that position. Fortunately it only happened a few times, like it does to all of us. I taught them that bargaining and appeasement doesn't work with those kind of people.

#214     Oct 23, 2002
  5. Yeah CANDELA is very good ...
    What I meant by huge is that those guys are nothing and they are a hell of great artists... compared to the crap we have from some youths, there is just no comparison.

#215     Oct 23, 2002
  6. Did you ever think I was a bad guy???:) :confused:
    Quite disappointed... :(

By the way I am a good salsa dancer... and with salsa I can tell you I made killings... :)

I 've been to Cuba and Dominican Republic.... Enjoyed it a lot and improved a lot my style there... Girls are hot and people are great...

#216     Oct 23, 2002
  7. The news media has blown this story up to immense proportions. Remember, we are in a 24 hour media world, and with this story happening right outside a media headquarters like Washington DC, you can expect a feeding frenzy. The school closures, the military being involved, the ATF, FBI and local police out on the highways with their guns drawn (it looks like Israeli army in the Palestinian territories),.....all this makes it seem like Washington has become the most dangerous city in the world.

I saw on some report that there are 5 million people in the area. With 10 people dead? Your odds are 1 in 500,000 of being in this guys crosshairs. It's more dangerous to drive a car than to fill up your gas tank.

Parents have every right to decide if they think it is safe to send their kids to school or not. But this mass panic being spread is not in tune with the actual threat. If schools were closed and highways shut down after every random murder in this country,.....every major city would be like this!! There are all kinds of random shootings in this country. Just the other day here in LA, some guy was shot dead at a popular dance club, the Congo Room (co owned by J Lo among others). Imagine if the media gave the same intense coverage to other shootings? No wonder people would be afraid to leave the house.

#217     Oct 24, 2002
  8. So the latest suspect has a Muslim last name. Think we've found our guy and do you think he's got ties to Al-Qaida?

#218     Oct 24, 2002
  9. vvv

vvv

they apparently have two serious suspects...

ex gulf war vet, and his step son...

hmm. lets hope that it's over.

#219     Oct 24, 2002