sneaky E-Signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tbill1, Jun 6, 2006.

1. www.prophetx.com

ProphetX from DTN is an amazing product, and I swear that they have added 4 new features that I requested, in 2 weeks after I requested them, and it was a pretty normal conversation with IQFeed here on ET, the detached windows was not part of it and I sent a message to IQFeed here on ET and he had that mess put in in the next release. They have done more new features in the past few months than eSignal has probably done in the past 2 years. I had been putting it off, I was going to switch to ProphetX after a summer vacation and be done with eSiganl, but those bastards at eSignal are cutting my stay short.

I urge anyone that wants to have customer support and a good company to switch ASAP, because this just takes the cake, cutting me lose, banning me from services at age 19.... I'm just a kid, I have my whole life ahead of me to make eSignals advertising campaigns total hell for them if this e-mail is for real, I'll turn into their worst nightmare, if I'm not it already.

eSignal, like I have said so much, you make yourselves look like the dumbest and most idiotic company ever created, and I only point it out, but now I'm banned from your services because I have issue with your company. Again, a kid you have to ban from your services because you can't fufill a few requests to fix some bugs that have been there in over a year.

It's a damn pity and this right here is a classic example of big business screwing their customers, only this time, when they have someone voice their opinion, I guess it backfires.

The funny thing is, I haven't been on eSignal message board for a few months now. They actually believe I'm screwing with their advertising campaign here on Elitetrader.com. Is eSignal really desperate for customers, is that why they continue to raise the prices?

Is that why they have almost non-existant tech support, but will make themselves heard on Elitetrader so they make it appear they do.

But hey, it's the first, and probably only company I will ever be banned from. A 19 year old, scaring a big company like eSignal, who would have thought. The funny thing is, they just pissed the 19 year off more than anything and it will cost them.

It's funny how eSignal 8.0 was only released because I probably pissed everyone off at eSignal for pointing it out in other threads and making them look like the laziest company to ever be a sponsor on ET.

Guess what, eSignal 8.0 is released, and the bugs which were in this damn product A YEAR AGO are STILL HERE!!!!

Love to see what e-mail they send me next. It's absolutely amazing what this company does, and I must say, I laughed my ass off when I read that e-mail, because they only pissed me off even more and I hope some ET members read the above e-mail they sent me and realized, that if you have an issue with a company like eSignal, and you are so daring to make everyone aware of the problems, that this is what is going to happen to you. I bet those bugs won't be fixed 5 versions from now, hell, I assume they haven't even been deemed worthy of putting in their "to do list", like they ever do anything on that list anyways.

Unbelievable eSignal, I just hope some people on Elitetrader are smart enough to see the BS your company provides and how you claim you are #1 in tech support and all you care about is your customers best interests. You just banned a 19 year old because he voiced his opinion better than others. I guarantee this is going to be another chapter that comes back and haunts this company. If it isn't the price increases, or the total f'up that day where very little people on ET could use eSignal from a damn DOS attack and you have no backups, or that wonderful support you provide on ET to lure in potential customers, but then don't get a F%&@ about them when they actually are customers.

Like I said, what goes around comes around, and if it has to start with me, it will. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure this company gets what it is coming to them.

But hey, I'm only a customer of the company, wtf does my opinion matter to eSignal.

I hope someone else on ET can answer that question, because my concerns with the company were too much to handle.

BTW, yes that e-mail was legit, but you want to see the really funny part???

[​IMG]

Hey, when Google says it's "Wrongful Termination", well hey, if you can't believe Google, well who you going to believe, eSignal? :p

I'm sure eSignal will be hellbent to aquire many more other data providers and charge us even more money if their customers continue to support them, but hey, that is capitalism, but only the people willing to realize how f'ed up the company they support is, is when they will get their act together.

I guess I get mine for having my name publically listed on EliteTrader, but hey, if you have to be scared of eSignal for fear they will cut you off, I guess this is my way of going out then.

#21     Jun 6, 2006
  2. Chriz

Chriz

And then get on esignals internal blacklist? Im in the fortunate situation that 10$ doesnt mean anything to me. I was lucky that i reviewed the subscribed items and cancelled the news feed directly. So i paid the 10$ only once.

And btw, there is one thing you can learn from JoeB_eSignal. He tried to help in a friendly manner. While you were questioning the incident and saying that Tbill was noticed prior to billing.

I dont think that terminating JMowerys subscription was a clever move. This will prolly hurt you more than you benefit. Just my 2 cents.

#22     Jun 7, 2006
  3. I gotta say that I feel sorry for ProphetX. You just started using them and are all happy for now, but we all know that it won't take more than a month before you're flaming them as well. I can't wait until next summer when I see a post on a ProphetX thread where you tout some feature or service that esignal has that ProphetX won't seem to add/fix for you.

I'm just glad that I may be able to continue reading esignal threads without the rants. I know it won't happen overnight, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I was close to giving up on Elite as a board to follow for information.

Good luck :)

Paul

#23     Jun 8, 2006
  4. Indeed, that would be doubly sneaky eSignal would it not? :p

And let this be a lesson (what happened to JMowery) to anyone posting on an... ahem... "Anonymous" message board.
    Ah eSignal, some things never change... well then chaps, I guess if you are not satisfied you've got to vote with your wallets. What is the reverse of "ka-ching"?:D

#24     Jun 8, 2006